• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where do these guys rank?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Honestly yall are underestimating this crew, this is a damn good WR corps

Nah, just an understanding that there are some damn good WR corps around the league and the depth behind these guys is entirely unproven. Honestly, it's the depth behind them that is the biggest knock on our WR corps. Our top 3 are probably borderline top 10ish. It's the rest of the crew that drags down the overall ranking.

Imo, the receiving crew is the area of least concern.  That could change of course, but right now, oline, special teams, the entire defense are much bigger problems.  But our group is to young and hasn't been together long enough to know how good they can be.  Also have to see how well they mesh with our qb.  

29 minutes ago, t96 said:

Top 5, and best we’ve had by far since Smitty, Moose, Proehl.

@top dawg the WR man, what you think ?

Honestly, that's kinda like saying the best LT we've had since Jordan Gross. It sounds good because of length of time and comparing to a very good known commodity, but then you're forced to remember what we've had in that time and realize it's not saying much.

PFF has us projected at #8. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-nfl-season-receiving-corps-rankings

Now, I always take everything PFF says with a grain of salt, because stats don't always tell the whole story, but I think we have the potential to end up somewhere in the top 10. Also, it's worth noting that they included CMC as part of the receiving corps in their projection.

TB was #1, NO #4, and ATL #13 (this seemed low to me, but they point out that behind Jones and Ridley, they have 0 depth).

EDIT- I think the stat that may bring us up into top 5 potential will be YAC. Teddy's hitting his receivers in stride so far, and they all have the potential to avoid tackles.

Archived