• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Picking the over/under on the Panthers win total

Jeremy Igo

Ive been saying 5-7 wins this whole time so I guess its the over.  Really we are playing 10 games versus teams that had a losing record last year.  It isnt being a homer to think this team with a young D and better QB could win at least 5 games this year

4 hours ago, bababoey said:

This could be anywhere from a 4 to 8 win team.   I would take the over but 5 or 6 wins seems about right.  Could get lucky and that be 7 or 8 or could get unlucky and that be 3 or 4.  Injuries and how young players translate are impossible to predict and those are the 2 biggest things that would have to break right for us because God help us if Teddy goes down or we get alot of injuries on the Oline.  And if all the rookies come in and play like rookies our defense is going suck something historically awful.

The fence must be a lot of fun.  We are going to win 5 games.  Now...next season...make a move.

26 minutes ago, richASINspirit said:

Because there are literally a million great safety valve options for TB on this team I could see TB put up pretty decent stats this season, and by pretty decent I mean thoroughly exceeding his career averages to date

Well he has been stasticially pretty pedestrian. Putting up far better numbers shouldn't be considered out of the realm of possibility. Frankly, if things go the way the coaches plan, it should really be an expectation.

12 minutes ago, richASINspirit said:

TB shouldn't have to hold the ball really at all .. that should negate o-line deficiencies 

Well, that is going to depend on how bad that line is. It is certainly conceivable that they make life extremely difficult on him. The offense is set up to negate that, in theory. Let's see it in practice.

I know he had a high sack rate in NO last season and they have a far, far better OL than we do.

I think we surprise  and win 6 early. Taking advantage of the leagues unpreparedness to our system and Covid. Then we get destroyed and fall off a cliff due to lack of talent at key positions. 

I think he  offense will rank well and the defense will get a lot sacks. But we’ll lack the essentials to win games. 

Archived