• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Picking the over/under on the Panthers win total

Jeremy Igo

I'll take the over. I think the reverse will be true at the beginning of the year. People won't know what to expect from this new look Panthers offense ala Chip Kelly. Teddy isn't Cam but he's more familiar with the playbook - that'll go a long way in the COVID19 season.

The defense has a ton of young and athletic talent. An entire draft's worth! Young guys are hungry and fly around the field. They'll make a bunch of opportunistic plays - mind you they'll make their fair share of mental mistakes in the process. But I think they'll be a lot more stout at the point of attack, which is what killed us last season. Up front hunting sacks instead of playing sound technique. 

Biggest concern is the oline. But I'm also assuming Brady will figure out early on what type of game he needs to call. The previous regime was just gonna force that square peg. 

Under, but excited about the future. I'm not sure how you can pick "over" with our defense. We may actually be worse on that side of the ball than we were last year, and that is saying a lot. This is not the year to get cute and win 3-4 meaningless games in the last 6 weeks. I like Teddy, but we need a young stud to groom, even if its Trey Lance. 

This could be anywhere from a 4 to 8 win team.   I would take the over but 5 or 6 wins seems about right.  Could get lucky and that be 7 or 8 or could get unlucky and that be 3 or 4.  Injuries and how young players translate are impossible to predict and those are the 2 biggest things that would have to break right for us because God help us if Teddy goes down or we get alot of injuries on the Oline.  And if all the rookies come in and play like rookies our defense is going suck something historically awful.

3 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I could see us at 3-13 or 13-3, I have no idea how this team will click. Working against us is the fact the NFC South is stacked af and we got little to no real game time experience for our green defense and new starting QB. On the flip side we have talent, just a lot of raw talent.

I could maybe see 10-11 wins if everything that we need to go right goes right, but 13 wins no. 

Anyone with a decent O Line, and a top 12 QB, should give us fits all season.

Possible wins I see right now, obviously assuming that's it's football, and there are always surprise teams, both good and bad.

Bears

Lions

Broncos

Washington

Saints (2nd match, depending on playoff seeding)

However, the Lions would probably be a tough one, as would the Bears.

Depending on if Haskins has gotten better or not, WAS could be tough...Denver is the confusing one to me at this point.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Anyone with a decent O Line, and a top 12 QB, should give us fits all season.

Possible wins I see right now, obviously assuming that's it's football, and there are always surprise teams, both good and bad.

Bears

Lions

Broncos

Washington

Saints (2nd match, depending on playoff seeding)

However, the Lions would probably be a tough one, as would the Bears.

Depending on if Haskins has gotten better or not, WAS could be tough...Denver is the confusing one to me at this point.

I think we win at least 3 division games. Don’t know which but I see us doing much better within the division than before. Bucs scare me less with Brady than with Winston, Aints are due for a regression and Falcons are what they’ve always been—pretenders.

Archived