• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Picking the over/under on the Panthers win total

Jeremy Igo

An article in The Athletic is picking the over/under on all the teams in the NFL. They have the Panthers at 5.5 and are picking the under.  However....

Carolina Panthers (5.5): Under

There’s a scenario in which the Panthers emerge as a surprise team. Teddy Bridgewater, Christian McCaffrey and D.J. Moore create a solid foundation to work with. The problem is they could have one of the league’s worst offensive lines, and the Panthers are the only team with a new head coach, new offensive play caller, new defensive play caller and new starting quarterback. The defense is young and unproven. They could be better in the second half of the season and produce a couple of surprising upsets, but it’s tough to project them at six-plus wins.

They agree there is a scenario that the Panthers may not be all that awful. If that happens, IMO, Rhule should get coach of the year. 

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ron said:

I could see us at 3-13 or 13-3, I have no idea how this team will click. Working against us is the fact the NFC South is stacked af and we got little to no real game time experience for our green defense and new starting QB. On the flip side we have talent, just a lot of raw talent.

Dafug could you ever see them as 13-3?

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

An article in The Athletic is picking the over/under on all the teams in the NFL. They have the Panthers at 5.5 and are picking the under.  However....

They agree there is a scenario that the Panthers may not be all that awful. If that happens, IMO, Rhule should get coach of the year. 

I'll take the under as well just because the defense 

I know this will draw out some Madden chest pounders, but the best, long-term scenario for the team is probably to improve and develop youth all year and lose most every game--If I see positive growth and we are losing, I get that it is part of the process.

Look, we did not go out and sign a bunch of veterans as we have in the past--we got young guys that can do a lot of different things--good athletes. 

The plan is to develop and build long term.

Over as long as a Teddy stays healthy. We won 5 last year with Allen the turnover machine. We have a better O line and can’t be much worse on D than last year. No one was inspired with Allen at QB and we won almost that many games when it seemed like everyone on the team gave up other than CMC

Archived