• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule really likes a certain linebacker I didn't expect.

Jeremy Igo

I don't put much stock in anything Rhule says about players publicly at this point.

That being said, I really liked Adarius when he was here, and IIRC, he was more than a PS guy, I thought I remembered him getting quite a bit of PT as a ST'er.  He was athletic...  but, I never imagined him being much more than a really solid backup with ability to start occasionally...

29 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't put much stock in anything Rhule says about players publicly at this point.

That being said, I really liked Adarius when he was here, and IIRC, he was more than a PS guy, I thought I remembered him getting quite a bit of PT as a ST'er.  He was athletic...  but, I never imagined him being much more than a really solid backup with ability to start occasionally...

You are right. He played a bit during the regular season in 2014. Was put back on the Panthers PS in 2015 and the Bucs snatched him up.

On 8/24/2020 at 4:10 PM, SetfreexX said:

Nickel defense should be considered the starters, teams operate out of 11 personnel over 60% of the time these days:

Burns // KK // Brown // Weatherly (Gross-Matos)

Shaq // Tahir

Jackson // Apple // Chinn

Burris // Boston 

---------------------------------------------

This is a likely personnel grouping we will see a good bit this year, Chinn's versatility and size add a unique layer. 

This is exactly what i see as our base defense.

I think there is a lot of talent and very little experience , and no experience of playing together .

Mistakes are what will cost us a lot of games this season , i just hope we can stay in games long enough to be interesting.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:20 AM, PantherPhann89 said:

Because they aren't known named players, they're the worst starting LB Corp in America,  REALLY

In fairness, at least it’s only USA and not all of North America. I’m sure there has got to be a worse trio somewhere in the CFL. 

47 minutes ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I still choose to give them an opportunity to prove their worth before condemning them...

I’m happy to eat crow if/when that happens. But with two nobodies and a guy who has been overhyped since he was drafted and has done nothing remarkable in spite of working next to a HOFer and a HOVGer, I guess it just makes me nervous. 

Archived