• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule really likes a certain linebacker I didn't expect.

Jeremy Igo

I was listening to Rhule's presser from the other day and he seems to really like what Adarius Taylor is doing in camp. 

Panthers fans probably know Taylor as Adarius Glanton. He changed his name to honor his father. I remember Glanton getting a lot of attention in Panthers camp a few years ago. He was stashed on the PS and the Bucs stole him away. 

Anywho, He may be starting this year on the outside, according to Rhule. 

He’s a true pro’s pro. He could start for us, He’s a really good player and fits us well.

Sometimes it just takes players a while to find where they fit best.  Wesley Walls had been in the NFL for 7 years and only started 19 games total before he got here at age 30.  I know it was a different time but sometimes it just takes a player a few years before they find out where they fit best and what they can do to help a team.

9 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Tahir Whitehead, Adarius Glanton and Shaq Thompson. This is the worst starting LB Corp in America. 

I don’t care how bad they are, our defense can’t be as bad as last year with the all vet team that we had playoff hopes for. I’m all about finding grinders who fit the team culture rather than sticking with the vets because Ron trusted the household names. Honestly I bet we end up seeing Shaq and Chin in linebacker coverage more than we expect, I don’t think Whitehead will be on the field unless it’s obvious running downs. We will see more 3 safety looks and 3 cb looks with Chin rarely leaving the field and filling the role Shaq had the last few years 

12 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Tahir Whitehead, Adarius Glanton and Shaq Thompson. This is the worst starting LB Corp in America. 

Nickel defense should be considered the starters, teams operate out of 11 personnel over 60% of the time these days:

Burns // KK // Brown // Weatherly (Gross-Matos)

Shaq // Tahir

Jackson // Apple // Chinn

Burris // Boston 

---------------------------------------------

This is a likely personnel grouping we will see a good bit this year, Chinn's versatility and size add a unique layer. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A 30 year old career fringe roster player all of a sudden breaking out sure would be surprising, but hey it happened with James Harrison. Harrison had 4 career sacks when he was 29 years old.

Happened with Lorenzo Alexander also at 33 years old and played well for like 3 more years.  Also another linebacker. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I was listening to Rhule's presser from the other day and he seems to really like what Adarius Taylor is doing in camp. 

Panthers fans probably know Taylor as Adarius Glanton. He changed his name to honor his father. I remember Glanton getting a lot of attention in Panthers camp a few years ago. He was stashed on the PS and the Bucs stole him away. 

Anywho, He may be starting this year on the outside, according to Rhule. 

Breaking news...Adarius Glanton waived after receiving kiss-of-death compliment from Rhule.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I doubt it. Thompson & Whitehead are somewhat accomplished, and Taylor was decent when he filled in here. The glass is half full!

Archived