• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we all see the same game?

cartier600

This is my first time at the new huddle..

Im from New York, been a Carolina Fan since the Bucs game a couple years ago, with the blocked punt, field goal, etc...

The DEFENSE is not to blame for this lost people, we had this game in every way. John Fox's offensive play calling is more to blame than anything else, if he had a killer mentality we could have scored atleast 2 times in the 3rd. the defense gave the offense back the ball many times, and fox thought he had De'shawn foster again running in the run blitz, and or into the DT's. John Fox doesn't not like to blow out times outside of NFC south. He left the Defense out to dry. The first half we were going into the wind if i remember right, we passed, and after the half when fox tried to play keep away, the game was lost.

Believe me people in NYC knows they got away with one, i spent all day trying to call the Max Kellerman Show here in NY, because he is the biggest Giants homer, to let him know it wasn't the giants that won that game.

This team is very very good, once the coaches figure this out and play to the strength of the team, and fox trusts them not to lose a game we will not make the SB.

In another note to the peppers haters you have no clue, how good that dude is... If the stood him up more like a OLB he would be unreal, a few of my friends that played college ball at Penn State, Ohio State, hell a kid i went to high school with Tutan Reyes (yes him) who was a Wide Receiver in school said he is a monster and if he every left to play for another team, the panthers would never recover and truely believe them, he is special

Thanks

as some say flame on

This loss was a team effort. Giving up 300 rushing yards didn't help. Conservative playcalling in certain situations on offense didn't help. This team doesn't have that killer instinct, and that's really part of Fox's philosophy. Once we get leads, we tend to sit on the ball. Delhomme looked pretty good last night and I was surprised that we didn't throw the ball more in certain situations where it was obvious that the Giants were playing the run.

And I agree with you about Peppers. Some people don't realize how good he is.

It was like after halftime they gave up. I had a little hope when they stopped their first drive in OT, but then it almost felt like they weren't even trying. I know the run game was suffering in the second half, but you don't even let Deangelo touch the ball in OT?? Didn't really make sense to me.

The whole game was the exact opposite of earlier losses. Instead of starting slow, they ended slow. They've got to learn how to play a complete game.

So what defense would you guys call to stop Brandon Jacobs? And for those of you that haven't figured it out yet, it was Brandon Jacobs that set up those runs by Ward. We had back up DT's in there, and they simply got worn down. For cryin out loud, Nick Haydon was on the practice squad about this time last week...he was not ready for this.

The DEFENSE is not to blame for this lost people, we had this game in every way. John Fox's offensive play calling is more to blame than anything else, if he had a killer mentality we could have scored atleast 2 times in the 3rd. the defense gave the offense back the ball many times, and fox thought he had De'shawn foster again running in the run blitz, and or into the DT's. John Fox doesn't not like to blow out times outside of NFC south. He left the Defense out to dry. The first half we were going into the wind if i remember right, we passed, and after the half when fox tried to play keep away, the game was lost.

Not only did our offense put up 28 points, we stuck them with an avg starting field position inside the 26 yard line (inside the 23 if you dont count the one play Manning kneel down at the end of regulation). Thats borderline amazing. Add to that zero turnovers. The offense showed up and did everything right. The D was pathetic.

It was definitely a defensive letdown. But with Kemo out and Walker, Gibbs and Lewis not 100% we were relying on guys like Charles Johnson to plug up the middle. He can't defend the run on the edges how would we expect him to withstand a doubleteam up the middle. They got blown off the ball and Beason was getting wiped out by linemen reaching the second level. It really points out that we have no big nose tackles if Kemo goes out. When we had Jenkins he could slide him over and take over. That is a spot we need to fill if we are going to be tough against the run. Truth is I hate Trgo's bend don't break crap and we had a lot of chances to be more aggressive. Still our secondary had chances to pick off balls and didn't, we had inopportune penalties and let the Giants back into the game and they got hot late.

I really wouldn't mind Trgo going at all, but this loss wasn't all on him. I can't believe I just said that.

Archived