• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only three weeks until an honest to God Panthers game

Jeremy Igo

I bought a new 82 inch OLED tv today in celebration of this. Panther games are almost the only TV I make any concerted effort to watch, so I plan to enjoy every minute of the Rivera free, Cam Newtonless, Luke Kuechly lacking, substantially less nordic (sans Olsen) overhauled, revamped, retooled, reconstituted, stripped down and (sorta) rebuilt roster contend with the coronaverse and the rest of the NFL for as long as it lasts.

I don't expect it to be pretty.

But I'm gonna watch every minute of it plastered all over my living room wall in gloriously overpriced picture quality while a soundbar to be determined later this week brings me every bit of player and coach cussing from the field.

I have only one expectatation: It will be vastly different from the poo I've been watching the past couple years, and for that I am thankful.

Everyone knows what I think is gonna happen this year, but fug it. I hope the NFL plays a full schedule this year and Teddy Bridgewater makes Mahomes look like a poor man's version of him, our LT is an All-Pro, our D is stout as hell, and we win the Super Bowl with a completely inexperienced staff that coaches circles around the rest of the league.

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I bought a new 82 inch OLED tv today in celebration of this. Panther games are almost the only TV I make any concerted effort to watch, so I plan to enjoy every minute of the Rivera free, Cam Newtonless, Luke Kuechly lacking, substantially less nordic (sans Olsen) overhauled, revamped, retooled, reconstituted, stripped down and (sorta) rebuilt roster contend with the coronaverse and the rest of the NFL for as long as it lasts.

I don't expect it to be pretty.

But I'm gonna watch every minute of it plastered all over my living room wall in gloriously overpriced picture quality while a soundbar to be determined later this week brings me every bit of player and coach cussing from the field.

I have only one expectatation: It will be vastly different from the poo I've been watching the past couple years, and for that I am thankful.

Not to rain on your parade, but if it's an 82 inch it's not an OLED. Just a heads up in case you want to do a return while you can

4 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Not to rain on your parade, but if it's an 82 inch it's not an OLED. Just a heads up in case you want to do a return while you can

Nah. I'm just acronym drunk from comparing TV's online all morning. It's QLED which should be plenty good enough for a guy who barely watches TV. I know it's not quite as good as OLED, I just got my acronyms mixed up when posting. Good looking out though, appeciate the heads up.

For anyone wondering, the electronics industry makes up technical terms and acronyms pretty much at random on the theory that if the consumer actually understood what they were buying, they would spend less.

Little do the fools know we just like to blow hard earned cash on shiny poo.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

Nah. I'm just acronym drunk from comparing TV's online all morning. It's QLED which should be plenty good enough for a guy who barely watches TV. I know it's not quite as good as OLED, I just got my acronyms mixed up when posting. Good looking out though, appeciate the heads up.

For anyone wondering, the electronics industry makes up technical terms and acronyms pretty much at random on the theory that if the consumer actually understood what they were buying, they would spend less.

Little do the fools know we just like to blow hard earned cash on shiny poo.

Oh yeah, I just spent a month researching TVs before ending up finally getting one. Way too many options out there, and I'm sure they're all basically the same haha

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Feels so weird watching basketball and hockey and early season baseball happening and football is This close! Let’s fuging go boys! Panthers are back

All the sports will be going at once for maybe the first time ever 

Archived