• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers try out a QB and a few receivers

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Well, Rhule has been able to make some pretty fine sculptures out of sh*t.

Something that occasionally gets done at the college level. I don't really recall it being done at the pro level though. People have squandered talent at the NFL level, not naming any names Ron Rivera, but I don't ever recall someone successfully making something out of nothing for more than anything but a few games and leading a marginally talented team to consistent victory.

48 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Something that occasionally gets done at the college level. I don't really recall it being done at the pro level though. People have squandered talent at the NFL level, not naming any names Ron Rivera, but I don't ever recall someone successfully making something out of nothing for more than anything but a few games and leading a marginally talented team to consistent victory.

Bill Bilacheat has and not just on defensive either. A few times no named WRs, RBs, and OLmen on offensive. Done it about every season on D too, injuries have never matter either. Last year they had the best D and besides Gilmore not many stars. At one point mid-season they where holding teams below 10 points.

Darrell Stewart was invited to the combine but did not run the 40. Well he looked slow on game tape so, that could be one reason. Was a standout at Collegiate Bowl, but he also played with his college QB and it's the lowest ranked bowl. Shrine and Senior is far ahead talent wise. So "standout" doesn't really mean anything. Did not look at much of his film, many other prospects that was more intriguing. He signed with the Packers as UDFA and was waived 15 August it seems. 

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

McDonald is a freaking gunslinger. I mean that positively and negatively. Dude has a cannon but also throws several WTF balls every game. He might top Jameis' 30 INTs but he'd also have some crazy Mahomes/Favre type throws too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was signed to push Grier and PJ Walker

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bill Bilacheat has and not just on defensive either. A few times no named WRs, RBs, and OLmen on offensive. Done it about every season on D too, injuries have never matter either. Last year they had the best D and besides Gilmore not many stars. At one point mid-season they where holding teams below 10 points.

Patriots o linemen always look better than they really are because the refs wouldn't let defensive players even give Brady mean looks.  Also the Patriots first half schedule was not exactly a murder's row of offenses:

Steelers, Bills, Dolphins, Redskins, Jets twice and Browns. The Patriots offense failed put up 30 points against exactly two of these opponents: the bills and the Browns, whom they did hang 28 on, so I think the lack of opponent scoring last year had as much to do with a combination of the Patriots offense being prolific and dominating the ball and their opponents having subpar lacklaster offensive units.

Annoyingly, Belicheat is still probably the best at this, but even in his case, if you keep getting caught cheating and put the scrubs around an all time great QB, no matter how much of a whiny little bitch he is, it's gonna be easier to make the scrubs look good.

Archived