• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL sees Covid positive on multiple teams, but...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Wes21 said:

I think the NFL is setting things up so that they don't have to postpone games for positive tests.  They are setting the stage now to get us used to the idea of false positives, then when a group of players tests positive during the season they will just throw out the idea that its false positives and let them play.

This I can see.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Wearing masks and social distancing is not about protecting yourself. It's about protecting others. You know, those 150k+ that have died from COVID. So it doesn't matter if an athlete has died from COVID, it matters if he gets it and gives it to someone who will die. NHL and NBA are in a bubble. NFL is not. If someone gets COVID you have to act accordingly.

Because if football players stay at home and don't play, they will never venture to Grandmas house.  But, if they are playing football, it's the first place they head after the game.  You can't trust a football player while playing the game.

4 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Wearing masks and social distancing is not about protecting yourself. It's about protecting others. You know, those 150k+ that have died from COVID. So it doesn't matter if an athlete has died from COVID, it matters if he gets it and gives it to someone who will die. NHL and NBA are in a bubble. NFL is not. If someone gets COVID you have to act accordingly.

That statement, while true, does not affect the validity of the question that was asked.

8 hours ago, stirs said:

Because if football players stay at home and don't play, they will never venture to Grandmas house.  But, if they are playing football, it's the first place they head after the game.  You can't trust a football player while playing the game.

What? Look up the word "chain" in a dictionary.

On 8/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, DeAngelo Beason said:

I'll say what I said to the other guy.

If you took that literally, you're dumb.

Instead of trying to be cute, especially over an electronic medium, I think that saying what you mean and meaning what you say is the most effective way to communicate, but, like I said, "Whatever!"

Archived