• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, I was told Teddy can't throw a ball over 10 yards

Jeremy Igo

On 8/22/2020 at 9:22 PM, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Take a breath, man. We get it, you think TB will fail.

I honestly have no clue if TB will fail. Being objective about his criticisms does not change that. I can see objective reasons he would be successful as well. But his long ball simply is not one of them. 

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I can't wrap my brain around why any actual Panthers fans would be against Teddy at this point. All he has done is come in and said/done all the right things. 

I can't wrap my head around the fact that our fanbase is so against us signing a guy who in his first year starting led his team to an 11-5 record and tore his acl badly in a freak accident, healed, played multiple games after, but is ok with the idea of us bringing back Cam Newton with (1. A questionable shoulder 2. Multiple smaller football injuries he hid the past few years 3. A 1 year contract). Literally the only knock at Teddy Bridgewater is the fact he tore his ACL and doesn't go deep much. Watch some of his Minnesota highlights, they we're going to throw deep balls every 2 plays with a 1st year starter. Honestly, the offense looked better with Bridgewater in NO then Brees to me. Answer me this, why in an offense with Micheal Thomas and Kamera would you need to throw the ball deep? Deep throws have high turnover rates and usually are not worth the risk... The reason they're mainly used is when teams start stacking the box, you use them to keep them honest. 

I expect Cam to have some improvement in 2020 just based off the fact his coach is Bill Bilichick instead of Ron Rivera... His coach in week 15 with the team one loss from elimination isn't going to make his QB with a bad arm throw 30 passes and only run 5-6 times when it's clear he can barely can make a 10 yard throw... Half of Cam's problem was Norv's insistence on him being a pocket passer (Shula had Cam with the same arm).

Archived