• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, I was told Teddy can't throw a ball over 10 yards

Jeremy Igo

On 8/22/2020 at 1:01 PM, onmyown said:

No, that’s what you chose to read. 

What was actually said is that Teddy dumps it off a lot and seems to have more of a dink and dunk skill set than stretching the field.

In 2019 his success came almost exclusively from short passes. He does not take many chances downfield. This is obvious from stats and watching him play last year. 75% of his passes were less than 9 yards. He averaged 5.8 yards in the air per pass which was the lowest of any starting QB in the entire NFL.

It’s a legitimate concern. His high passer rating was bolstered by short passes, and even when there were open options downfield, he often opted to dump it off.  With one of the best olines in the game and legitimate downfield threats, one has to wonder why more chances were not taken. And for Panther fans, especially concerning with one of the worst olines in the NFL.

This video isn’t relevant to what was said at all.

Could that be more of a product of the system he played in, and not representative of his complete skill set?  Breees isnt exactly chunking it down the field much anymore either.

Personally, I am expecting somewhere around 65% completion %, 20-28 TDs, 8-10 INT's, and around 4,000 yards passing for Teddy B this year.

6 hours ago, joemac said:

Could that be more of a product of the system he played in, and not representative of his complete skill set?  Breees isnt exactly chunking it down the field much anymore either.

Personally, I am expecting somewhere around 65% completion %, 20-28 TDs, 8-10 INT's, and around 4,000 yards passing for Teddy B this year.

LOL

It's really not that much of a stretch to believe Teddy will get to 4,000 yards. If he maintains a similar pace to what he did last year, he'll have ~4,400 yards over 16 games. Especially if you figure in us playing from behind.

It's not like people are expecting him to set the world on fire with such a prediction.

14 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

It's really not that much of a stretch to believe Teddy will get to 4,000 yards. If he maintains a similar pace to what he did last year, he'll have ~4,400 yards over 16 games. Especially if you figure in us playing from behind.

It's not like people are expecting him to set the world on fire with such a prediction.

"If"

37 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I can't wrap my brain around why any actual Panthers fans would be against Teddy at this point. All he has done is come in and said/done all the right things. 

It makes no sense. I keep hearing he sucks, but will win us too many games on our terrible roster to ruin our draft? I get worrying about the draft once the season is almost over and we are missing the postseason, but before it even starts seems a bit much... I wasn’t thrilled when we first signed him, but now that he is here I am all in. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I can't wrap my brain around why any actual Panthers fans would be against Teddy at this point. All he has done is come in and said/done all the right things. 

Its not really being against him per se its just that we dont think he is anything more than a pedestrian journeyman qb and his stats pretty much back that up.

I don’t get why people are bashing Teddy. I wanted Cam to still be in the roster but he is not. Time to move forward. By all accounts , Teddy is a genuine good guy and I am rooting for him to show out this year . He has my full support as well as coach rhule . Keep pounding 

4 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I don’t get why people are bashing Teddy. I wanted Cam to still be in the roster but he is not. Time to move forward. By all accounts , Teddy is a genuine good guy and I am rooting for him to show out this year . He has my full support as well as coach rhule . Keep pounding 

Nobody is "bashing" him.

Archived