• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, I was told Teddy can't throw a ball over 10 yards

Jeremy Igo

Jesus Christ some of the same people bitching about Teddy not being able to throw deep are the same ones who bitched about Shula only calling long developing, low percentage deep passes. 

I don't give a poo how far he can throw it as long as he can throw it accurately, something we haven't seen in Carolina since the first half of 2018. 

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Jesus Christ some of the same people bitching about Teddy not being able to throw deep are the same ones who bitched about Shula only calling long developing, low percentage deep passes. 

I don't give a poo how far he can throw it as long as he can throw it accurately, something we haven't seen in Carolina since the first half of 2018. 

We need a top 3 draft pick. Literally my only concern about Teddy is that he might be just good enough to keep us out of that draft position.

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

Point is if you’re reluctant to take chances deep with a far better oline and open threats he had then, he will be even more so now.

Never said dink and dunk couldn’t be successful. Try harder to comprehend my post in relation to what the OP posted.

It isn’t about being educated or not educated, nor is it even about being able to make the throws, it’s more about the decision to do so when the opportunity presents itself. And speculations have been based on empirical data/evidence (examples).

But we are so lucky to be graced with great educated fans as yourself who foresee the contrary based on your ‘education’ defined which can only be described as your gut feeling.

Looks like you also don’t comprehend how my post was a response to the mislabeled OP post/title. Please try harder to comprehend. If you did that, your respond would be much more suitable quoting the OP post rather than mine. Think about it.

Don’t know where the butthurt comes from. OP made a post insulating TB has been criticized for not being able to throw it deep.

My post clarified what in reality, is being speculated with no conjecture pointing to whether needing to throw a deep ball was necessary or not, or whether dunking and dunking would not be effective.

It also pointed out how TB throwing a 40 yard floater on the field by himself was not at all relevant to the criticism he has had.

Some of you really need comprehension help.

Not sure it's so much the comprehension but more so it being the same people who cry "Cam Hugger!" after every statement getting their panties in a collective wad when you have something not so positive to say about Ted. It's actually hilarious. They try and sh*t on people who "defend" Cam but slob on Teddy's knob and the dude hasn't even proven he can last a full 16 game season after his gruesome knee injury. Huddle logic.

8 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Not sure it's so much the comprehension but more so it being the same people who cry "Cam Hugger!" after every statement getting their panties in a collective wad when you have something not so positive to say about Ted. It's actually hilarious. They try and sh*t on people who "defend" Cam but slob on Teddy's knob and the dude hasn't even proven he can last a full 16 game season after his gruesome knee injury. Huddle logic.

Teddy is our QB. Cam is in the exact same boat regarding proving he can  play a full season with foot and shoulder. And he plays for the Patriots.

Cam is not coming back.

It’s worth considering that most of Teddy’s appreciable play time has been in situations that called for conservative management. First the Vikings with the AP show and then his spot duty with the Saints. Joe Brady is putting his nfl debut on teddy’s shoulders for a reason. It remains to be seen whether it’s justified, but can we at least start the new regime off with optimism?

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Expecting a QB who will turn 28 years old this year in his 6th NFL season on his 4th team to wildly outperform his career averages is  simply delusional. Sorry pointing that out is bothersome to some of y'all.

I mean...people kept holding out hope that Cam could do the same, especially concerning his completion %.

Besides, Teddy hasn’t been a 5 year starter in the NFL.  This will essentially be his 3rd season as a starting QB

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Teddy is our QB. Cam is in the exact same boat regarding proving he can  play a full season with foot and shoulder. And he plays for the Patriots.

Cam is not coming back.

Teddy is the Qb for the time being just as Jimmy Pickles was all those years ago. A better Qb will be brought in next year and most of you that live in that weird Carolina Panthers fairy tale land will be crying for him to be benched once/if we make it to the midpoint in the season so again, it makes no difference to me. I'll be laughing at the meltdowns and all the crying and complaining once we start losing games this year and check down Teddy will prove once again he can't win games by himself/with his arm.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Expecting a QB who will turn 28 years old this year in his 6th NFL season on his 4th team to wildly outperform his career averages is  simply delusional. Sorry pointing that out is bothersome to some of y'all.

I'll try to be positive tonight, 3rd year player in a new system that is tailored to his strengths?  I can hope right?

5 hours ago, onmyown said:

Never said dink and dunk couldn’t be successful. Try harder to comprehend my post in relation to what the OP posted.

Did you really criticize my reading comprehension while simultaneously misconstruing that my post had anything at all to do with evaluating the efficacy of a dink-and-dunk offense? Talk about irony...

5 hours ago, onmyown said:

Point is if you’re reluctant to take chances deep with a far better oline and open threats he had then, he will be even more so now.

It isn’t about being educated or not educated, nor is it even about being able to make the throws, it’s more about the decision to do so when the opportunity presents itself. And speculations have been based on empirical data/evidence (examples).

But we are so lucky to be graced with great educated fans as yourself who foresee the contrary based on your ‘education’ defined which can only be described as your gut feeling.

Looks like you also don’t comprehend how my post was a response to the mislabeled OP post/title. Please try harder to comprehend. If you did that, your respond would be much more suitable quoting the OP post rather than mine. Think about it.

Don’t know where the butthurt comes from. OP made a post insulating TB has been criticized for not being able to throw it deep.

My post clarified what in reality, is being speculated with no conjecture pointing to whether needing to throw a deep ball was necessary or not, or whether dunking and dunking would not be effective.

It also pointed out how TB throwing a 40 yard floater on the field by himself was not at all relevant to the criticism he has had.

Some of you really need comprehension help.

Take a breath, man. We get it, you think TB will fail.

Archived