• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait, I was told Teddy can't throw a ball over 10 yards

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, ellis said:

The thing with Teddy is not arm strength. I’ve talked to a number of scouts and reporters about this. He has tremendous anticipation, and great touch on the deep ball. His processing generally leans toward the conservative side, and he doesn’t necessarily pull the trigger on every deep opportunity. I think he’ll show better accuracy on 30+ y throws than Carolina has seen in a few years (post-2016)

It's great to hear things from the people who know what they are looking at.

Only uneducated football fans believe that Teddy cannot throw the ball deep enough to be an NFL caliber starting quarterback. And unfortunately there are plenty of people on this board that fall into that category to include one particular moderator.  

7 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's called touch. Newton had a rifle of an arm and we got used to line drive passes whether they were the right thing for the situation or not.

What he displays in that short clip is not "displaying touch" there are no defenders on the field that's just his arm strength which has always been TBs #1 weakness. His inability to stretch the field because his "long" passes have WAY too much air underneath them that allows NFL defenders to close on the ball. Again, thats an arm strength issue. This isnt anything new moreso confirming what was already known.

13 minutes ago, ellis said:

The thing with Teddy is not arm strength. I’ve talked to a number of scouts and reporters about this. He has tremendous anticipation, and great touch on the deep ball. His processing generally leans toward the conservative side, and he doesn’t necessarily pull the trigger on every deep opportunity. I think he’ll show better accuracy on 30+ y throws than Carolina has seen in a few years (post-2016)

This is a complete joke. Teddy couldnt have put that ball on a rope with an accurate deep throw if his life depended on it. He does not have the arm strength to make that throw no matter the BS excuses you try to use

12 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

This is a complete joke. Teddy couldnt have put that ball on a rope with an accurate deep throw if his life depended on it. He does not have the arm strength to make that throw no matter the BS excuses you try to use

You guys are overblowing this deep ball thing. If a ball is going deep, then it's going to have a certain amount of air under it. There may be like under 5 QBs who are going to throw a 40+ yard pass "on a rope."

26 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

but maybe he hits a slant in stride more often then other QBs.  Great arm strength doesn't guarantee success, not does the lack of it prevent it.

Every QB has strengths and weaknesses.  The good ones maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. 

Potential doesn't score points, all that matters is if increases the teams chance to win.  If he doesn't they will look for another.

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

No, that’s what you chose to read. 

What was actually said is that Teddy dumps it off a lot and seems to have more of a dink and dunk skill set than stretching the field.

In 2019 his success came almost exclusively from short passes. He does not take many chances downfield. This is obvious from stats and watching him play last year. 75% of his passes were less than 9 yards. He averaged 5.8 yards in the air per pass which was the lowest of any starting QB in the entire NFL.

It’s a legitimate concern. His high passer rating was bolstered by short passes, and even when there were open options downfield, he often opted to dump it off.  With one of the best olines in the game and legitimate downfield threats, one has to wonder why more chances were not taken. And for Panther fans, especially concerning with one of the worst olines in the NFL.

This video isn’t relevant to what was said at all.

TIL a QB can only be a success, and so the team, if he BOMBS DAT BAWL@!!!@@111!

50 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I’m not making any excuses for anybody. He’s a rhythm and timing quarterback, and his strength is definitely intermediate accuracy and processing. He doesn’t have the elite deep ball that some guys have, but it’s certainly effective enough to get the job done. I don’t think you’re going to see a lot of that anyway. But on occasion, they will push the ball up the field with Anderson and Samuel. I think he will be just fine in that area.

22 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

but maybe he hits a slant in stride more often then other QBs.  Great arm strength doesn't guarantee success, not does the lack of it prevent it.

Every QB has strengths and weaknesses.  The good ones maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. 

Potential doesn't score points, all that matters is if increases the teams chance to win.  If he doesn't they will look for another.

Yep! 

I'm beginning to think that some Huddlers just don't appreciate accuracy and touch anymore.  I wonder why?

¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

Archived