• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things I think I think from watching today's training camp practice

Jeremy Igo

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He has a softer touch and is better with the short throws. Almost always hits guys in stride. Anticipates and throws to a spot instead of relying on arm strength to get the ball there in an instant. 

Perfect description. Teddy has always been great a putting the ball where the receiver is going to be.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There is way too much low hanging fruit to criticize Hurney about to waste any time complaining about a 3rd round comp pick on Will Grier. Even if he does prove to be a complete bust, I'm not sure that move would crack the top 100 of Hurney's worst moves.

That will always be trading a future 1st to move up for Everette Brown.

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think they lose a bunch at the start, but out together some wins late in the season. I'm thinking 5-11

God, this would be so brutal to watch. Top 3 pick right there for the taking and then win some meaningless games (likely a thrown game by the Saints who have already locked up their playoff position mixed in there) to fug it up.

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

God, this would be so brutal to watch. Top 3 pick right there for the taking and then win some meaningless games (likely a thrown game by the Saints who have already locked up their playoff position mixed in there) to fug it up.

I dunno. A young team getting some wins and some confidence going into 2021 might be a good thing. No draft pick is a sure thing. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I dunno. A young team getting some wins and some confidence going into 2021 might be a good thing. No draft pick is a sure thing. 

I’d rather have the top QB than “confidence.” End of the season wins didn’t help the Browns going into last year. We had plenty of confidence at the start of 2018 and 2019 and it went away.

We've had two SB runs. They both started with 1 or 2 win years that got us two studs. It’s worked before and while nothing is a sure thing, you still take one of the QB who are going to be rated way higher than the recent QBs and hope for the best. I’ll take another Cam versus a 5-11 rah rah we improved season.

Having a franchise QB = best chance to get back to SB with CMC, Moore, the young D and a few more pieces we need. I’d love to have more cap and comp picks too, but I can at least hope for the QB.

29 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Media is relegated to one specific hill where there isn't much to shoot, unfortunately.

Got it, bummer. Still nice for you to even be allowed though considering the circumstances.

Archived