• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things I think I think from watching today's training camp practice

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, t96 said:

Is Teddy really considered an injury risk? He had 1 big injury like 3 years ago and hasn’t (as far as I know) had any other setbacks or time missed since then, albeit yes in limited playing time, but still.

Yes. He's started what, like 6 games since he came back from the injury? I wouldn't say he's an injury risk if he'd started a full season with no issues. But the Panthers might have a downright bad offensive line this season, makes me worried he might not play a full season. The backup QB situation screams "If our starter goes down, we're tanking"

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

And that right there is why the Panthers have been a thoroughly mediocre franchise since they came into existence. Traded away a guy who showed potential, kept a guy who sucked because he was a high draft pick. Kyle Allen moved the offense and had issues with turnovers, as many young QBs tend to do. Grier looked absolutely lost. 

I hope PJ Walker develops quickly, I've got no faith in Will Grier being anything more than Jimmy Clausen was.

Kyle Allen peaked last year, he doesn't have a high cieling so there's no potential to speak of.  

Will Grier was terrible but has the physical tools to make all the throws but it's TBD if he will develop and fulfill his potential. I think it's smart to give it until the end of his rookie contract and let him develop before making that decision.  

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Showed way more than Will Grier did. Hurney probably isn't ready to give up on him after spending a 3rd round pick on him though. Will Grier couldn't even complete a pass....

I agree with you. Grier looked like garbage compared to Allen. Even look apples to apples of the end of 2018 when Allen was exactly at the same experience level as Grier at the end of last year. Personally, I was happy with Grier staying hoping they’d let him Clausen us into Cam and Luke or Weinke us in to Peppers and Gross. That said, I think Allen could have a good backup career and I wouldn’t ever want Grier as a backup. He could prove me wrong but he looked so far from an NFL QB last year it wasn’t even funny. Even in the last game last year, Will had us down 28-0 in the 2nd quarter. Allen Came in and we lost the rest of the game 14-10. Indy was 1-6 in their last 7 games having given up 103 points in their last 3 games. Grier comes in and we score 6 and get pummeled 38-6. Grier was truly awful and the absolute perfect guy to get us Lawrence.

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

Kyle Allen peaked last year, he doesn't have a high cieling so there's no potential to speak of.  

Will Grier was terrible but has the physical tools to make all the throws but it's TBD if he will develop and fulfill his potential. I think it's smart to give it until the end of his rookie contract and let him develop before making that decision.  

It's pretty funny that you claim Kyle Allen reached his ceiling and has no potential, despite looking worlds better than Will Grier, who somehow has potential despite looking completely lost and incompetent on the field. Could have given Kyle Allen the same benefit of time to develop but I guess it's better to do that for the QB that the team spent a 3rd round draft pick on so the GM doesn't look foolish (again)

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I agree with you. Grier looked like garbage compared to Allen. Even look apples to apples of the end of 2018 when Allen was exactly at the same experience level as Grier at the end of last year. Personally, I was happy with Grier staying hoping they’d let him Clausen us into Cam and Luke or Weinke us in to Peppers and Gross. That said, I think Allen could have a good backup career and I wouldn’t ever want Grier as a backup. He could prove me wrong but he looked so far from an NFL QB last year it wasn’t even funny. Even in the last game last year, Will had us down 28-0 in the 2nd quarter. Allen Came in and we lost the rest of the game 14-10. Indy was 1-6 in their last 7 games having given up 103 points in their last 3 games. Grier comes in and we score 6 and get pummeled 38-6. Grier was truly awful and the absolute perfect guy to get us Lawrence.

Grier is the second coming of Jimmy Clausen. Kyle Allen is the second coming of Matt Moore. I know which one I'd rather have. The one whose comparison is the guy still in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Grier is the second coming of Jimmy Clausen. Kyle Allen is the second coming of Matt Moore. I know which one I'd rather have. The one whose comparison is the guy still in the NFL.

Honestly, not a horrible comparison for any involved. 

Kyle Allen came in and won 5 games. He is most likely a career backup. A GOOD backup gives you at least a 50/50 shot at winning a game they have to start. Kyle Allen looks like he can do that. Probably not much more, but you can make a lot of money doing that.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

People are concerned with Brady's eventual exit before he even unveils his offense. That's a whole lot of confidence!

Well, we do have the richest owner in the league. He probably won't let Brady go without throwing many Benjamins at him!

I wish I had that much confidence.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am more excited for Joe Brady's offense than I was before attending camp. I am prohibited from getting into specifics, but if nothing else the offense is going to be really fun to watch. I just hope the Panthers get several years with Brady before a team snatches him up in a Chudzinski move. 

Yeah.. Im not holding my breath. If he shows any kind of promise then its probably 2 maybe 3 years we have him. Which is to be expected as Rhule is the guy for the next decade. 

Archived