• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Rhule speaks on Panthers QB's.

Jeremy Igo

Yesterday Panthers head coach Matt Rhule had praise for starting QB Teddy Bridgewater:

"No, we feel like we have three quarterbacks that can play, but right now this is Teddy’s show. And he’s played really well this camp, so we’re going to keep pushing to get better with him"

When asked about the backup job, it sounds like PJ has been winning with Grier just recently getting caught up. 

“I would have said through the first week of camp P.J. would have been a little bit ahead. I think Will’s battled back, to me it’s way too early to be thinking about that, yet. We’re just trying to teach these two guys the system. So one day one might look really good, one day the other might look really good, but really we’re just pointing to two weeks from now.”

I am really intrigued by P.J. I have not completely dismissed the idea of him being NFL starter material. 

13 minutes ago, NAS said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of Teddy as untouchable by saying it’s his show “right now”. 

Perhaps if that was all the quote said. The rest of it makes it pretty clear they are happy with him and he isn't going anywhere.

32 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

Just in case you haven’t noticed.....every good coach (inc. Carroll with Wilson and Belichick /Brady) make every position a competition every year.

Brady never had a QB competition in NE in his life. Bledsoe was the clear starter until he got hurt, then Brady came in and they won and he was handed the starting job. They traded away Bledsoe immediately and not once after that did Belichick ever have a QB competition with Brady. 

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Brady never had a QB competition in NE in his life. Bledsoe was the clear starter until he got hurt, then Brady came in and they won and he was handed the starting job. They traded away Bledsoe immediately and not once after that did Belichick ever have a QB competition with Brady. 

I think we can set Brady over in the group with Montana, Manning, Kelly, Marino, Unitas and Graham that never needed a competition. They are the outliers. Mere mortals like the rest of the world get and need some competition.

48 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

Just in case you haven’t noticed.....every good coach (inc. Carroll with Wilson and Belichick /Brady) make every position a competition every year.

Yeah, I'm sure the Bradys, Gronks, Wilsons, Shermans, etc. felt like they were going into camp every year fighting for their job.

35 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'm honestly not sure if that was completely due to Belichick or if it had a lot to do with Kraft. There was plenty of rumors that Belichick was ready to roll with Garopollo and it was Kraft who pretty much forced his trade to stick with Brady.

Archived