• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest positional need on offense and defense?

Jeremy Igo

So as of today, what is the single biggest positional need on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball as this team starts to build. 

My opinion: 

Offense: Center - Paradis was horrible and isn't getting any younger/healthier. No real contingency on the roster. A draft pick is needed here 

Defense: MLB - Whitehead is not the long term answer to take over the legacy of the Carolina MLB's. Decent backup, nothing more. 

CB: in our division in particular. You need a stud CB.  We saw how bad in can get the year after Norman left. Apple and Jackson have proved nothing yet, in fact have a rep of being an issue.

LT: Paradis is terrible but the blindside protection is an issue.  Little has proven nothing that he can stay healthy more than a month and looking like Oher before he retired.  Okung is injired plagued including one last year where doctors said couldve ended his csreer "at best".  He's also considered retiring.

I agree with your assessment. I still think offense and defense are built inside out. Center is our biggest weakness on offense. D-Line was addressed in the draft and now the MLB spot is the next biggest need to address.  It’s too bad Luke retired, it would have been fun to see him with these young players.

Archived