• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Brown dominates Paradis

Jeremy Igo

The concern that Paradis will play as badly as he did last year is valid. If he is the same player he was in 2019 then Brown should be killing him in that match-up one on one endlessly. Is it just a play? Of course. Is it the time of year where the Dline should have an advantage over the Oline? I think so.  Still, Paradis doesn't get a pass until he stops looking bad which hasn't happened yet, and that's with this video being viewed in realistic perspective. Paradis has played for us like a kid getting his lunch money stolen and matching up against Brown early in camp isn't helping change that image or alleviate any concerns on his playing level. 

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

The concern that Paradis will play as badly as he did last year is valid. If he is the same player we was in 2019 then Brown should be killing him in that match-up one on one endlessly. Is it just a play? Of course. Is it the time of year where the Dline should have an advantage over the Oline? I think so.  Still, Paradis doesn't get a pass until he stops looking bad which hasn't happened yet, and that's with this video being viewed in realistic perspective. Paradis has played for us like a kid getting his lunch money stolen and matching up against Brown early in camp isn't helping change that image or alleviate any concerns on his playing level. 

i would give brown my lunch money before he even asked

Brown is going to be a staple for our defense for many years to come. He is going to be the best friend of our linebackers and defensive line. Draft worked out great with him being available considering how bad our run defense was last year. The additions of Brown, KK (healthy), YGM, and Whitehead has the makings of a solid run defense. Hopefully we can get something going in our young secondary.

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Actually this guy can make or break Paradis. If Paradis can raise his level of play to not get embarrassed every practice we're making our online better. Remember when Pep made Jordan Gross have to be ProBowl level just to compete in practice. Same.

I member Gross talking about this. He said once he got to real games, he found out no other teams have a Peppers and gain tons of confidence. Also heard form a few players, Peppers rag-dolled Gross every practice.   

35 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

How about the entire 2019 season when He was ranked #32 out of all starting centers by PFF

That has already been chalked up to recovering from a serious injury and constant reshuffling of the line weekly. The issue is this year where he doesn't have an excuse.

2 hours ago, panthers55 said:

That has already been chalked up to recovering from a serious injury and constant reshuffling of the line weekly. The issue is this year where he doesn't have an excuse.

Chalked up by whom? There were concerns about how he would recover from injury and when a team is willing to let's what would be a top FA center walk due to injury concerns, you better pay attention. Paradis was not what he was promised, or paid, to be. Center has to be the foundation of your line or it all falls apart. 

This is why I have hated the Little trade so much. McCoy was there for the taking, and instead we traded up to take a guard, with a 1st rd grade(16th overall) albeit Hurneys. Guards can be had late 2nd day and into the 3rd. Just chalk it up to another crappy move for our oline to the mighty Hurndog.

Maybe Paradis is a bust maybe not.  Maybe Brown is amazing, maybe not.

One clip that doesn't even show the entire play doesn't tell us anything.  For instance, where is the RG?  He's not even in the frame!  Should the RG have given a quick pop to Brown who may - or may not - have been shaded to Paradis right?  We don't know!  Was the play designed to go right?  If not, then Paradis allowing Brown to get to the right was the correct move.  Perhaps the play was designed to go left and the left side of the line got destroyed, so CMC tried to cut back right.  In fact, judging by the way Bridgewater is handing off, I suspect the play was designed to go left and the entire left side of the line collapsed.  I suspect the RG pulled to seal a hole on the left and failed.  

What we learned from this play:  Brown is strong . . . which we already knew.

11 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Chalked up by whom? There were concerns about how he would recover from injury and when a team is willing to let's what would be a top FA center walk due to injury concerns, you better pay attention. Paradis was not what he was promised, or paid, to be. Center has to be the foundation of your line or it all falls apart. 

This is why I have hated the Little trade so much. McCoy was there for the taking, and instead we traded up to take a guard, with a 1st rd grade(16th overall) albeit Hurneys. Guards can be had late 2nd day and into the 3rd. Just chalk it up to another crappy move for our oline to the mighty Hurndog.

I said last off-season that the 3 year contract was really a 2 1/2 year contract given that he was still rehabbing the injury during training camp and had no off-season program or time to develop any chemistry with the team. Hopefully he would improve as the season unfolded but we shouldn't expect him to look great out of the box. And I was right. Now I am not sure I thought he would struggle as much as he did but given the injuries, struggles at QB, change of coaches halfway through the season it is surely understandable.

Like I said before, if he struggles this year it is a much bigger issue but anyone who knows anything about injury and rehab issues knew Paradis would struggle last year. Was it a bad contract? If he plays well this year then no. If he doesn't then yeah. 

Archived