• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Brown dominates Paradis

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Some of you see this play and you see Paradis struggling.  Some of you see a rookie DT showing man strength through the line.  

I am sure the truth lies somewhere in between.  However, your interpretation of this play probably says a lot about your expectations for the team this year. 

You are right on!

I have zero expectations and that clip should draw zero conclusions.

8 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Who replaces Paradis if he's garbage and gets cut? Larsen? Really wish they had signed a backup C this year.

Larsen and Chris Reed played some C. I wished they would have spent a later draft pick on a C/OG type. Next year its looking like the panthers may need a whole new OL unit. Justin Britt is available, started for seahawks. Old old Kalil is out there.....he maybe in better shape than Paradis.  

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Or perhaps it says a lot about how terrible Paradis was last year. I expect Brown to be a beast, but Paradis made pretty much everyone he faced look like a beast last year.

Yep. Paradis was truly awful. $20M for two years and he looks awful again. Brown will be solid but damn, he’s still a rookie.

It doesn’t fill me with confidence when you here that the D dominated. Some people in here are assuming we’ll have a top 10 offense or better. Our D could be really solid in a couple years but it’s full of rookies and our secondary is really young and not great.

That said, I don’t mind a complete rebuild so that we can focus on getting our franchise QB. 

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Larsen and Chris Reed played some C. I wished they would have spent a later draft pick on a C/OG type. Next year its looking like the panthers may need a whole new OL unit. Justin Britt is available, started for seahawks. Old old Kalil is out there.....he maybe in better shape than Paradis.  

We could have a potential pro bowl C (and a G) instead of Little but at least he wasn’t drafted by a team in our division that we hate.

This is showing more how powerful Brown is than how bad Paradis is.  Paradis was 1 on 1 with him and Brown was just a bit too much for him.  It should be known that this will happen on every play that the oposing center is 1 on 1 with Brown.  He needs to be doubled every play

I am only a fan but it seemed to my untrained eye that Paradis didn't get blow off the ball like last year but failed to move fast enough to negate Browns great hook and roll. Paradis seemed a touch slow. Given we have only had a few padded practices it seems hard to tell.much of anything except they need a lot more work.

17 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

OP: look how great this play is!

Huddelz: 10 pages of negativity toward the other player 

to be fair the other player had 16 games to garner that much 'respect' from the board

Archived