• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have your thoughts on Matt Rhule evolved at all?

Jeremy Igo

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I liked the hire but I think he has a lot to learn at the NFL level. My hope is that he's actually willing to learn and adapt. I don't think we've actually had that in a head coach yet.

I already alluded to his willingness to learn and adapt.

I thought he was the right guy at the time - maybe wouldn't have given him such a long contract, but...

I still think he's the right guy. Not gonna let one mistake of him being coy about our previous QB's future with the team dictate his entire tenure in Carolina. This is all new for him and he has to learn how the NFL works in regards to public relations. It can't be easy juggling owners, fans and players at the same time, especially when they are not in agreement. 

I'm more interested in the football side of things. Particularly the week-to-week, and in-game (real time) adjustments. Average coaching doesn't lose games when you have superior talent. Good coaches win games when the talent is similar and great coaching can win a few when you're out manned. If he can galvanize this team, create a college level bond and commitment to improving and winning, then he's still the guy. 

Best we can hope for is a kinda Pete Carroll type coach.

Players coach that commands respect as well.  As to the X's and O's...that's yet to be seen.

Just want to see flexibility, innovation, adaptation, and results (once we are free of the Hurney anchor).

Archived