• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have your thoughts on Matt Rhule evolved at all?

Jeremy Igo

It's how refreshingly unlike our previous coaches he is for me. The stubborn stoic leadership style of Fox and Rivera worked well in high times, but Ron especially would double down on it in moments that made him come off as insecure or incompetent. Adjustments were a last resort for previous regimes but I think the always evolving nature of the college game make it Rhule's wheelhouse. And you have to constantly get with the times and be relatable when you're leading college kids.

It's just really nice to have a head coach who seems willing to adapt however necessary to win and doesn't need to assert his authority. A sort of confidence and humility we've never really seen at head coach.

Nope. To me it was a "how did Rhule honeydick the league into thinking he was a top candidate after runs at powerhouses Temple/Baylor???". I didnt fall for his first preachy press conference or any other interviews. Did like no excuses comment and that DL drill was funny. Remain very skeptical and aware this is the hardest HC job in NFL history too. 

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

More Matt Rhule news from yesterday. He let the guys with kids come in late so that they could see their kids off to the first day of school or e-Learning whatever the case may be. 

Got me thinking. Now we know a little more about his style. If I had to choose a few words to describe it, they would be...

High energy

Accountability

Relatable

From taking part in the drills himself, to giving time off, to increasing the speed and intensity of the practices. Has your impression of him changed at all?

Yes. I think he does a lot of very player friendly things and seems to be keen on team chemistry building. 

Runs pretty counter to the typical college head coach mentality, so that was a surprise.

Archived