• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have your thoughts on Matt Rhule evolved at all?

Jeremy Igo

More Matt Rhule news from yesterday. He let the guys with kids come in late so that they could see their kids off to the first day of school or e-Learning whatever the case may be. 

Got me thinking. Now we know a little more about his style. If I had to choose a few words to describe it, they would be...

High energy

Accountability

Relatable

From taking part in the drills himself, to giving time off, to increasing the speed and intensity of the practices. Has your impression of him changed at all?

Thought it was a good hire at the time and a signal that the franchise was trying to refocus in a new direction.  So far nothing has happened to sway that.  The majority of content on the panthers has been conjecture, innuendo and editorialized reactions to PR missteps from the org.  Changing my mind at this point would just be adding another irrational overreaction .  I may have a quick observation here or there, but I will wait for a game or 12 before trying to reevaluate fully. 

I was happy with the hire initially and have been growing more impressed since then. It seems he has struck a perfect balance between holding players accountable and being able to relate to players.  Rivera talked about accountability but in practice did not hold players accountable for their performance, especially veterans. He seemed to only care about being liked.

He’s definitely a players coach.

Mind you rivera was also a players coach. However I think they go about it different ways. Rivera was very much about the process, rhule seems to be more of the ‘let’s learn and adapt’. 

not saying that’s a bad thing but the worry would be if things go bad you can suddenly be in the middle of a circus. However, if things go right you have a coach people want to play for and feel like they are heard. 

I like what he has done so far in camp. Still have to wait to see what he does in games, how he adapts as the year goes on and what his learning curve looks like after a year. So far it's looking good and a very nice switchup from the last 2 HCs we have had. 

High expectations met with even higher team building results ...so far.  Give players a half hour of family time and get a season worth of buy in and extra effort.  Make players accountable for mistakes with pushups but have coaches along side players and form a bond that we’re all in it together.  Great start.

You mean you are asking people are they still basically babies that make a snap judgement on a temporary feeling based on little or no informaiton relevent at the time?

Not at all. Dude has always deserved a chance. Actually...let me go reserve the user ID 'Coach Rhule's toenail clippings"

46 minutes ago, NAS said:

I was happy with the hire initially and have been growing more impressed since then. It seems he has struck a perfect balance between holding players accountable and being able to relate to players.  Rivera talked about accountability but in practice did not hold players accountable for their performance, especially veterans. He seemed to only care about being liked.

Ayyyy NAS I could not have said it any better 

Archived