• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UDFA Wide Receiver Omar Bayless turning heads

Jeremy Igo

52 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

and still nobody has told me why he was undrafted. 

I'm sure every team did a scouting report on this guy and on that scouting report is positive and negatives or pros and cons and I doubt "bro science is listed on any of them.

Whether or not the teams are correct is irrelevant to my point, my point is 32 teams felt like he had some substantial negatives, what are those?  It clearly wasn't production, so it has to be either character or physical tools.

As far as the evaluation process goes teams are actually pretty good about identifying the bad players, its finding the good players they struggle with.  Many more 1st and 2nd rounders are going to turn out to be bad then 7th rounders and UDFA's turn out to be good.

How many UDFA's  have we had in the last 10 years? 100?

How many of them have actually been better than replacement value? Norwell?  Who else?  Even if you come up 5 that is only wrong 5% of the time.  

Lemme reach out to my front office contacts on all 32 teams and get right back to you in that.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lemme reach out to my front office contacts on all 32 teams and get right back to you in that.

do you really have to?  logic should tell you

Somebody said he has good physical tools, and I said based on his production and where he was drafted teams probably don't agree with that, but people are trying to argue about that but they haven't yet given any other reason for him not being drafted, outside of snarky remarks.

36 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

do you really have to?  logic should tell you

Somebody said he has good physical tools, and I said based on his production and where he was drafted teams probably don't agree with that, but people are trying to argue about that but they haven't yet given any other reason for him not being drafted, outside of snarky remarks.

Anymore whataboutism you'd like to throw in this thread. His production was off the charts. His height/weight is great. His athleticism measurables are below average for an NFL WR. That and being a bit of a one year wonder is probably why he went undrafted.

This isn't all that hard to out together. Neither is the reality that we're just fuging with you about it.

Archived