• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UDFA Wide Receiver Omar Bayless turning heads

Jeremy Igo

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I hope he makes the team. The good news is we actually have solid starters at WR, so he can be depth and slowly brought into games as the season progresses.

I don't think he would make the team under Rivera. 

Matt Rhule though? It is a rebuild year. Why not keep him on the roster and give him a chance. Robby Anderson as a former UDFA might be a good mentor for him. 

12 hours ago, Toomers said:

Byrd’s problem never seemed to be his ability. Just his inability to stay healthy for more than two games at a time. 

Bryds problem is his body.  5'8" 180lbs soaking wet and not muscular.  Dude would look tiny as a WR at Myers Park.  Being fast only gets you so far in the NFL.   For every Tyreek Hill, there are a 100 others that can run fast and not get open (or catch).

16 hours ago, hepcat said:

Stephen Hill was legit until his injury. He could have made an impact.

Hill had legit potential, but it never transferred to the NFL

Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       23 19 10
2012 21 NYJ WR 84 11 8 47 21 252 12.0 3 17 33 1.9 22.9 44.7% 5.4                 21 12.0 252 3 0 2
2013 22 NYJ WR 84 12 11 59 24 342 14.3 1 17 51 2.0 28.5 40.7% 5.8                 24 14.3 342 1 1 2
2014 23 CAR     0     0 0   0   0     0.0%                   0   0 0 0 0

33 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

Bryds problem is his body.  5'8" 180lbs soaking wet and not muscular.  Dude would look tiny as a WR at Myers Park.  Being fast only gets you so far in the NFL.   For every Tyreek Hill, there are a 100 others that can run fast and not get open (or catch).

Uhhhh....ok? Thought that’s what I said. 

18 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Why did he go undrafted?  Serious question.  Was it slow 40 or other bad measureables?

Those are crazy numbers.  Even though this draft was loaded with receivers, it's hard to believe someone didn't take a flier in the 6th or 7th

Don't have my notes here, one standout season, 3 with low or average numbers (but tape was promising),  played in a lower regarded division and his 40 was ~4.62 and some other combine results wasn't great either.

I think another factor was his age, he will be 24 this year. Most drafted wr will be 21-22 this year.

He had some problems creating separation, still caught the ball... 

So probably a combination of these reasons... I saw him as an intriguing prospect and would have found a way to draft him.

14 hours ago, Mage said:

I still think Gettis (from that same class) could have developed into a solid receiver if he never tore his ACL.  

I'd argue he look like he was bouncing back he jist never got out of Riveras doghouse.

But who can say for certain. 

Archived