• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UDFA Wide Receiver Omar Bayless turning heads

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Stephen Hill was legit until his injury. He could have made an impact.

“Legit” in just off-season padless practices though. He was looking good then but so have many others in those situations. I put more stock into his time with the Jets. The injury sucked and yeah he could’ve become a solid 3/4 maybe, but the hype was out of control as if he’d become a legit starter. I suppose it’s possible, and we’ll never know, but these things often turn out the same way.

He should be the WR4 already. Not only does he have some ability, there is a need to develop a WR. Since all other WRs will have a new contract/team in the next few years. 

I don’t see any reason why they would pay Seth Roberts 3M to be a 5-6th WR. Cooper will make it on ST ability and could fill in at slot. Develop an asset. Not give an aging vet 15 catches. 

I like his focus. Looks like a natural catcher and handles contact well. Which is good. Not sure if his speed will translate into the NFL but has the size to deal with NFL CBs and can make money if his catching in traffic is the real deal. He can learn the finer points of separation if he sticks.

Could be another UDFA in black and blue but there's something moldable with this guy. 

I mean, I wasn't really overly excited by any of those guys, and I don't remember anyone but Philly being overly hyped, and some of y'all know what I thought of Philly. Honestly, none of them made an impression as early as this kid in training camp, and I hope that means something good.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I wasn't really overly excited by any of those guys, and I don't remember anyone but Philly being overly hyped, and some of y'all know what I thought of Philly. Honestly, none of them made an impression as early as this kid in training camp, and I hope that means something good.

Damiere Byrd was turning heads in OTAs iirc

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Damiere Byrd was turning heads in OTAs iirc

Lol...he’s a practice warrior. Now it’s NE’s turn.

“New England's wide receivers were hit hard by injuries last season, most notably Julian Edelman, N'Keal Harry and Mohamed Sanu. Byrd is the most intriguing offseason addition to the team's group of wideouts, and his speed could give the offense a downfield threat that it lacked for large portions of last season.“

12 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Lol...he’s a practice warrior. Now it’s NE’s turn.

“New England's wide receivers were hit hard by injuries last season, most notably Julian Edelman, N'Keal Harry and Mohamed Sanu. Byrd is the most intriguing offseason addition to the team's group of wideouts, and his speed could give the offense a downfield threat that it lacked for large portions of last season.“

Byrd’s problem never seemed to be his ability. Just his inability to stay healthy for more than two games at a time. 

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

I got mad respek for Berz! That catch he had against the Vikings in '17 was sick! Plus he went to my high school.

Just saying these UDFA WR's are literally a dime a dozen and almost none of them do anything. Hope this dude Bayless proves us all wrong. Going to be especially tough without preseason to make a name for yourself and the coaching staff is probably going to lean more towards veterans.

Hep quit being a dreamstomper bro 

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

Not trying to poop on your parade but I can't even name the number of UDFA WR's the Panthers have had over the years that have made a splash in training camp and preseason only to never be heard from again. Austin Duke or Marvin McNutt anyone?

The number of guys who actually made an impact is minimal. Philly Brown is maybe the biggest name in recent memory who made a big impact. Damiere Byrd, Brenton Bersin....anyone else?

None had the resume this kid had at Ark St combined with his physical gifts. The guys you mentioned did not have 4-5 solid studs in front of them either--we shall see--but I do not write off anyone because someone he has nothing to do with Bayless did not step up. 

I mean, I bet we have found more undrafted free agents who made the roster than  fifth,  sixth and seventh rounders.

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, the fact that LaFell is probably the 4th best WR we've ever drafted is just depressing.

I still think Gettis (from that same class) could have developed into a solid receiver if he never tore his ACL.  

Archived