• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... Lets talk WR depth chart.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I'm not understanding. How could Bayless possibly be safe if he's on the PS?

I don’t know the exact specifics, but they changed the PS rules this year for COVID. They expanded the PS and players can be protected by teams now. My understanding is that if a player is on the roster after final cuts, then they can be sent down to and up from the PS at any time if they fit certain criteria (which I believe a rookie UDFA would). There’s a waiver period with final cuts though so he could be claimed then, but if we keep him and cut someone else like Lewis for instance, if Lewis isn’t claimed we could then send Omar down to PS after the final cuts and protect him, and then sign Lewis again back to the active roster.

I may be completely wrong on that though...

24 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Anderson has the worst hair of any Panther receiver..... ever.  Good player, terrible hair.

He’s a weird looking dude for sure, but all that matters is if the man can ball or not. I think he can

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Even if he doesn't, I'm all for trying to get the future at QB and beefing up the OL in this coming draft.

For the coming draft, I agree on OL and QB. Not sure how the talent pool is looking, but OL is a constant need. 

I am not a fan of picking wr high, too many intriguing prospects that could be picked in middle and later rounds. And sometimes they turn out to be stars.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:27 AM, TheCasillas said:

Cooper (slot and return man exp)

Bayless (he is lighting it up right now)

Roberts (Slot experience and Y experience)

If we carry 7 ill go TommyLee or Zylstra

Bayless was Arkansas State's offense. I wasn't overly impressed with him there when they played App as it seemed he was force fed but I suppose that was a function of being the only real capable receiver on their team. He was snubbed in the awards lists and All-America teams, in my opinion.

Pro body, pro speed, pro hands. If we can get some good QB play, he really has measurables to be a Number 1 type of receiver in the league at some point.

21 hours ago, hepcat said:

Moore, Anderson, Samuel, Cooper, Roberts, Tommylee Lewis.

Bayless and Zylstra on the practice squad.

Kirkwood on IR.

Based on what I saw of Bayless at Arkansas State (I follow Sun Belt closely), he will be on the roster. If Samuel can return, there isn't a need for Cooper. Bayless fills the outside receiver role and can be moved around to compliment Anderson and Moore. 

On 8/17/2020 at 12:42 PM, top dawg said:

I'm not understanding. How could Bayless possibly be safe if he's on the PS?

"The most obvious and straightforward change that has been made is that the size of the practice squad has increased from the 12 players that were agreed under the new CBA to 16. The rationale for this is pretty straightforward – if you are expected to have more players than usual either get sick or get injured and it’s going to be harder to bring in new players in short notice due to the COVID restrictions, you are going to need to have more players around who you can call on at short notice and who are familiar with your scheme."

https://theriotreport.com/not-only-a-group-of-53-why-the-practice-squad-matters-in-carolina/

12 hours ago, glitchh8 said:

"The most obvious and straightforward change that has been made is that the size of the practice squad has increased from the 12 players that were agreed under the new CBA to 16. The rationale for this is pretty straightforward – if you are expected to have more players than usual either get sick or get injured and it’s going to be harder to bring in new players in short notice due to the COVID restrictions, you are going to need to have more players around who you can call on at short notice and who are familiar with your scheme."

https://theriotreport.com/not-only-a-group-of-53-why-the-practice-squad-matters-in-carolina/

They can still be signed away by other teams. I think that is what he meant by safe. 

7 minutes ago, richASINspirit said:

If Cam were still here, Robby Anderson would be the best WR Cam's ever played with, sucks we finally go out and get a good WR in free agency after Cam's departure

27 year old Anderson >>>> 21/22 year old Moore

27 year old Anderson >>>> 32/33 year old Smith

I think you're overrating Anderson. Significantly.

14 minutes ago, richASINspirit said:

If Cam were still here, Robby Anderson would be the best WR Cam's ever played with, sucks we finally go out and get a good WR in free agency after Cam's departure

27 year old Anderson >>>> 21/22 year old Moore

27 year old Anderson >>>> 32/33 year old Smith

uhhhhhh what?

Archived