• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So friggin excited about this defensive line

Jeremy Igo

19 hours ago, bababoey said:

https://www.patriots.com/team/players-roster/

There is your answer.  They have a whole lot of average WR, all their TE combined have caught 6 passes in the NFL,  an average OL at best with their starting RT opt out, a LB group that saw maybe there best player opt out and 2 other starters leave in the offseason, a good secondary that saw their starting Safety opt out,  a solid group of RB, a DL that is solid but the most sacks by any of the returning players is 6, and a quarterback that has not been healthy since 2016.

Let me guess you just thought because it was New England they would be good.  Now they will probably play better than their talent really looks like on paper.  But just looking at they players they have we have better WR, TE, RB, DL, and maybe even LB.  Yes they are that bad at LB. 

Now I think they will have a better record than us at the end of the season but it won't be because they are more talented.  Don't come in here and act like you're on twitter and just jump on people when they have a different opinion than yours and not know what the hell you are talking about.  If you are going to have an opinion at least have some facts to back it up.

What metric are you actually using, outside of name recognition.

D-line - push - They have Winovich, we have Short.  Everyone else is young or unproven.  You are counting Brown but their fans would count Uche.

Secondary - Huge Advantage to them even with the opt out.

LBs - Push - not a a huge advantage for either.  Although I expect Shaq to play well this year but that is homerism.

O-line - advantage to them

TE - neither is proven

WR - edge to us

RB - edge to us but its not like theirs is bad

QB - who knows

Their defense should be better than ours, and offense will come down to QB play.

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

What metric are you actually using, outside of name recognition.

D-line - push - They have Winovich, we have Short.  Everyone else is young or unproven.  You are counting Brown but their fans would count Uche.

Secondary - Huge Advantage to them even with the opt out.

LBs - Push - not a a huge advantage for either.  Although I expect Shaq to play well this year but that is homerism.

O-line - advantage to them

TE - neither is proven

WR - edge to us

RB - edge to us but its not like theirs is bad

QB - who knows

Their defense should be better than ours, and offense will come down to QB play.

That's kind of where I was going.  I would say we are better at TE because we at least have a guy that has started most of a season.  But there is not a ton of difference in the rosters.  Their secondary is much better and a healthy Cam is better but the rest of the talent is either even or we are better.  

In the case of WR I would say much better and even though they have soild RB I would say we have a pretty big advantage there as well.  

All I was saying is just saying we suck and have no talent isn't really true.  We have some talent on this team and it's not bottom of the NFL talent wise. 

Now experience wise we have like none and that will be our biggest problem, but talent is not really the problem. 

Archived