• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So friggin excited about this defensive line

Jeremy Igo

You know me, I love a good defensive game. Seeing these photos and videos from camp has me all giddy from imagining the future of this defensive line.

Burns, Gross-Matos, Brown? Those guys could be absolute studs for us for the next several year, and on the cheap too. 

A cheap defensive line that can get pressure from the base four? 

aroused ryan GIF

I would be even more excited if our secondary didn't look like it was about to be hot garbage for a minute. Those guys can only get to the qb if the receivers are covered. Brees, Brady and Matty Ice (worst nickname in sports, hands down) all are vet qb's who can get the ball out quick if the heat is coming.

We haven’t seen Snows scheme yet, but you can bet it won’t be a bend but don’t break.  IMO building a young,fast team means taking chances by blitzing and forcing turnovers.  There may be a lot of growing mistakes but there will also be some great plays.  This will not be a conservative defense 

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You know me, I love a good defensive game. Seeing these photos and videos from camp has me all giddy from imagining the future of this defensive line.

Burns, Gross-Matos, Brown? Those guys could be absolute studs for us for the next several year, and on the cheap too. 

A cheap defensive line that can get pressure from the base four? 

aroused ryan GIF

Encouraging!  Let's see how they hold up against the run which was our achilles heel last year.  

Our 2013 team probably got an extra 4-5 wins from the DL dominance alone. It's by far the most important position group outside of QB, and yes that includes OL. I can't think of a recent SB winner that didn't have an above average to elite DL/pass rush. I can think of a few with average to below average OLs.

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Encouraging!  Let's see how they hold up against the run which was our achilles heel last year.  

Brown should be a HUGE help there. He was considered by far the most pro-ready DL in the run game, with a high ceiling as a pass rusher. Think prime Star, but who could also have the potential to have prime KK pass rushing chops.

Gross-Matos should be pretty solid too starting out, based on his strengths in college. But Burns definitely concerns me in that regard, as do some of our other veteran DL.

6 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Young QB on a rookie deal.  Rebuild (actually just build) the Offensive Line.  Get some corners and a cover safety.

Do that, and we can possibly compete in 2/3 years.

I have some hope that the answers to safety might actually be on the roster. I think the OL needs a major infusion of talent though.

26 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have some hope that the answers to safety might actually be on the roster. I think the OL needs a major infusion of talent though.

Let's hope you are right about the S position...I have no clue what is on this roster at S at this point.  Here's to hoping though.

I do know that we have neglected the  O Line for FAR too long, and it's going to bite us pretty hard over the next couple years.  IF we can get that good rookie QB, and that's a big IF, I'd be OK spending some free agent money on the line if we continue to draft terribly there...which we will as long as Marty is here.

Archived