• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Will Grier long bomb

Jeremy Igo

On 8/16/2020 at 5:24 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

No doubt he can throw a deep pass when not under pressure and with a receiver that is one on one.  Question is, can he throw a 10 yard route over the middle on a crowded field while under pressure.

I hope he can.

I'm not holding my breath. He can't help where he was drafted but it was a head scracher. Kid is raw as a green onion. 

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

One of the reporters this morning said Grier was currently the better looking QB.

There’s a strong possibility Grier is just a slow learner and he’s got better with experience but without preseason we can’t tell . Practice is one thing real time games with really show who’s better 

As bad as Grier looked last year I still can't completely write him off. He stepped into a nearly worst case scenario situation for a QB with a lame duck staff, bad team on a long losing streak, terrible OL, etc. Yes, he looked awful but you'd have to be a Mahomes level QB to overcome all the things stacked against him in that scenario. I don't think he'll ever be a starter but it won't surprise me if he carves out a legit career for himself as a backup. Then again, it also won't surprise me if he's out of the NFL within a year or so, so we'll see. All I'm saying is that he deserves a better shot than he got last year to show he's an NFL player and it sounds like he's getting it.

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As bad as Grier looked last year I still can't completely write him off. He stepped into a nearly worst case scenario situation for a QB with a lame duck staff, bad team on a long losing streak, terrible OL, etc. Yes, he looked awful but you'd have to be a Mahomes level QB to overcome all the things stacked against him in that scenario. I don't think he'll ever be a starter but it won't surprise me if he carves out a legit career for himself as a backup. Then again, it also won't surprise me if he's out of the NFL within a year or so, so we'll see. All I'm saying is that he deserves a better shot than he got last year to show he's an NFL player and it sounds like he's getting it.

As much as I disliked how he played last year, I also wasn't sold on him being behind Walker on the depth chart in ink this season.

At the end of the day the fact remains that Grier may have been doing poorly, deck stacked again him or not, but he was doing poorly against NFL starting defenses. On the other hand, Walker may have been lighting up XFL defenses, but that's lets impressive when you step back and realize these are mostly guys that couldn't make the 3 deep depth chart at their position in the NFL.

While I still find Walker's highlights in the XFL exciting, I didn't find that he was tested in a way that would lead me to believe that is going to translate to the same sort of play back at the NFL level. I absolutely believe Grier has a real shot at being the backup over Walker.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:15 PM, methodtoll said:

I know many were ready to give up on Will after his rookie campaign ended badly. No doubt that he did not play well but we all need to keep in mind that he is only in his second season. Matt Rhule seems to be pretty high on Grier from everything he has said and I think he could do well under this system... The main thing is just giving him time to develop. The future is bright!

Future can always seem bright when you're at rock bottom. 

Archived