• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Interesting - where did U get these #s? Also, do u think it is possible there is some sort of insurance policy that the NCAA had to protect themselves in case something like this happened?

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/look-ncaa-s-financial-contingency-plan

As an organization they're hardly gonna miss a beat.

Been Saying for a While, best time to spread the games out.  NFL is gonna lose revenue because of lack of crowds, they can make up for it by getting more primetime national exposure.  IMO, since there's no high school for the vast majority of people, NFL Friday nights, then 2 games on saturdays, mid (you could even do Fox/CBS early) and primetime, sunday normal schedule so 3 more national games, then MNF.  No more TNF so players get more time to rest, and we get more NFL exposure.  NFL fills the void left from high school and college not playing and more teams get more exposure.  Ratings would be astronomical and would help fill the hole left by fan revenue.

I’m sure this came up, but it honestly seems to me that the college kids in a semi-bubble being tested a ton, having access to medical facilities, etc. would potentially make them safer than just being students or potentially being at home. I’ll take Clemson as an example. I believe that the AD just mentioned that all athletes right now are negative and they had at least 20 something football players come to campus with CV.

Feeney from Indiana is the only player we’ve heard about with serious symptoms and only two other players were positive so I’d be interested to know how he got it. Seems like everyone was screened so if he and the two others got it while attending a party or going to a restaurant, it would be good to know. He’s being used as the poster child and if he didn’t get it from the football team, would it have been worse if he and the other two weren’t getting tested? Would they have spread it to their families? Seems like there’s been a ton of inter family spreading and here’s a kid who didn’t spread it because he was on campus in a high testing program.

Just my thoughts which aren’t going to move any chains. It seems like a high test, high medical availability, less contact with older family environment could actually be safer than the risk of player to player spread.

10 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Might want to get that cough checked before you kill your grandmother.

Good joke, but here’s a thought based on above. Players aren’t going to be around their grandparents while being in a football bubble.

This is a really good example of what is wrong with our country. You have people who have ZERO expertise on this (Trump, Pence, etc) dabbling in college football and screaming for schools to risk Their players health and safety for entertainment purposes. We also have a governing body (NCAA) not leading and defering to the individual conferences to make their own decisions. This is going to be a disaster on many levels. 

we don’t have any more Bread so now trump needs a circus 

11 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Might want to get that cough checked before you kill your grandmother.

Yeah I'm sure all these athletes are going to stay in and study if there's no football.  America's elitism needs to die.  You don't protect the underprivileged, you don't deserve protection either.   How bout them stonks though huehuehuehue 

As long as the bubble players are also doing remote learning (lol ... like players actually do schoolwork), and indeed have zero contact with the outside world the entire season, I guess it could work. But you def can't have them just living on campus with other students. So the question is, can you make/force players stay in the bubble the whole season? Will they want to? We're talking young folk here.

16 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Yeah I'm sure all these athletes are going to stay in and study if there's no football.  America's elitism needs to die.  You don't protect the underprivileged, you don't deserve protection either.   How bout them stonks though huehuehuehue 

If the opposite of elitism is blatant ignorance then give me elitism. Take your ignoritism over the cliff with the rest of the sheep. 

Archived