• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, CatTower said:

Fact is some of these kids need football to function.  Tired of the snowflakes.  If covid isn't bad enough to shut down McDonald's it isn't bad enough to shut down college football

They need football to function? Yeahhhh ... no. They'll survive. There's more to life than sports.

3 hours ago, CatTower said:

Fact is some of these kids need football to function.  Tired of the snowflakes.  If covid isn't bad enough to shut down McDonald's it isn't bad enough to shut down college football

This is an extremely ignorant and racist post

5 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I would trust Dr's from Wake or Duke as much as any West Coast school.  

I had to take one of my children to Wake Forrest Baptist for something a couple years ago. That is the biggest hospital ive ever been to. It was a work of art honestly. 

check out the top medical schools in the USA - https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/research-rankings

tons of west coast schools and of course Duke and UNC are in the top 25. If you don’t include Baylor (Texas) and Missouri the only southern schools are UNC, Duke, and Vanderbilt in the top 25. 

For every single one of the filters it’s a majority of west coast and Northern schools aside from heavyweights like UVA, Vandy, and UNC. UNC is probably the top med school in the SE. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

If you dont think the schools are going to take a major financial hit from this you are dumber than I thought.

The schools absolutely will - they are as we speak. Did you not read my other posts? 

but the NCAA, like YOU said they were, is not going to go bankrupt because of this. Even if there is no football or basketball this season. The NCAA, like the NFL, prints money dude. 

5 minutes ago, bull123 said:

No play no pay....tv contracts is where the cash is...without games there is no tv cash

The NCAA reported they had $500M in cash reserves when March Madness was cancelled. The vast majority of their expenses each year are paying out to the conferences and associated costs games, tournaments, etc. They have $800M in annual expenses but only 7% of that is related to the LLC and other administrative expenses, so that's $56M. So, pretty much college sports have to be cancelled for 8-9 years before the NCAA as an organization is in trouble and that's without cutting a dime.

12 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

The schools absolutely will - they are as we speak. Did you not read my other posts? 

but the NCAA, like YOU said they were, is not going to go bankrupt because of this. Even if there is no football or basketball this season. The NCAA, like the NFL, prints money dude. 

Eh, not really...

75% of the NCAA’s revenue (about 700 mil) comes from the NCAA March tournament. 100 mil comes from football.

All of their money (1 billion a year) is generated from tv contracts and the March tournament. 

The NCAA operates as a ‘non-profit’. In other words, that 1 billion is redistributed to colleges and various scholarship funds.

Anyway, the NCAA could very well lose over 2 billion (75%-100% of their revenue for two years) because of Covid.

Im not crying about it, but they are absolutely not printing money right now.

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Eh, not really...

75% of the NCAA’s revenue (about 700 mil) comes from the NCAA March tournament. 100 mil comes from football.

All of their money (1 billion a year) is generated from tv contracts and the March tournament. 

The NCAA operates as a ‘non-profit’. In other words, that 1 billion is redistributed to colleges and various scholarship funds.

Anyway, the NCAA could very well lose over 2 billion (75%-100% of their revenue for two years) because of Covid.

Im not crying about it, but they are absolutely not printing money right now.

Interesting - where did U get these #s? Also, do u think it is possible there is some sort of insurance policy that the NCAA had to protect themselves in case something like this happened?

Archived