• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

It's not about health. It's about liability in case a player gets sick and sues the school.

Bingo. We have a winner. The schools don’t want to be sued down the road and the NCAA doesn’t want the “student” athletes to unionize. The actual concern for the students well being is probably like no more than 20% of the equation. 

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Bingo. We have a winner. The schools don’t want to be sued down the road and the NCAA doesn’t want the “student” athletes to unionize. The actual concern for the students well being is probably like no more than 20% of the equation. 

I think the being sued angle is overstated in terms of athletes.  I think it comes down to PR.  They don't want to end up being center stage dealing w/ a mess and all that it brings.  I mean the microscope and reaction in today's world is an absolute shitshow.   Just being thrown into the meat grinder for  national talk likely is deemed not worth the negative consequences. 

You open your doors as a school.  You have COVID.  Simple as that.   Big time Div I athletes would represent the best addressed and safest aspect your school offers to anyone.  

and COVID remains to this date a political crisis in America.   Not a heathcare one.  

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, if these athletic departments sincerely cared about player health, they'd operate differently. 

Well the Athletic Departments have been gung ho. Its the presidents who just stepped in recently to make these decisions. 

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think the being sued angle is overstated in terms of athletes.  I think it comes down to PR.  They don't want to end up being center stage dealing w/ a mess and all that it brings.  I mean the microscope and reaction in today's world is an absolute shitshow.   Just being thrown into the meat grinder for  national talk likely is deemed not worth the negative consequences. 

You open your doors as a school.  You have COVID.  Simple as that.   Big time Div I athletes would represent the best addressed and safest aspect your school offers to anyone.  

and COVID remains to this date a political crisis in America.   Not a heathcare one.  

Not a health care crisis? Lol

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Not a health care crisis? Lol

It has been handled as a political crisis first and foremost in America.  It should have always been handled as a healthcare crisis.  Because that is what it is.  

But even this many months into it.  It is still primarily a political crisis.  Which is why it still is kicking our tails.  And we are the one country that in reality should be able to handle a national pandemic the easiest given our resources. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It has been handled as a political crisis first and foremost in America.  It should have always been handled as a healthcare crisis.  Because that is what it is.  

But even this many months into it.  It is still primarily a political crisis.  Which is why it still is kicking our tails.  And we are the one country that in reality should be able to handle a national pandemic the easiest given our resources. 

I think our Geography and Style of government work against us.  Even though I think Trump has done a poor job. his power to enact the restrictions necessary is somewhat limited.  Its more up to the governors of the individual states to handle it.  Some have done well, some not so much.  

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think our Geography and Style of government work against us.  Even though I think Trump has done a poor job. his power to enact the restrictions necessary is somewhat limited.  Its more up to the governors of the individual states to handle it.  Some have done well, some not so much.  

Trump has actively avoided any restrictions and is the main reason why mask wearing has become a political issue. Had he not downplayed this issue from the get go and gotten his base rabidly against any type of interventions then maybe we wouldn't be in our current situation. I honestly think our pandemic looks a lot different under past presidents, including past Republicans. It's just that Trump absolutely thrives under divisiveness and actively seeks it out and then throws gas on the fire.

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

well, I don't want to get over political in this thread. 

I don't disagree w/ your statement.   But I still think the governors could of used real leadership from the top to properly handle this.   More should of been done on a national level and quicker.  Too much wishful thinking and letting folks handle things uniquely on there on.....and not enough national aid in getting resources and protocols together.   

22 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We are now waiting to see if the ACC and Big 12 follow suit.   

Regarding the original question, I hope the NFL does move them, assuming they play. 

I think the ACC and SEC will ride together more so than the Big 12 and ACC. 

Archived