• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

College revenue sport athletes are having the best possible argument made for them right now with all these college towns screaming about the millions upon millions of dollars in revenue they're going to lose by college football being cancelled. Yep, everyone is making a ton of money except for the kids actually playing.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

College revenue sport athletes are having the best possible argument made for them right now with all these college towns screaming about the millions upon millions of dollars in revenue they're going to lose by college football being cancelled. Yep, everyone is making a ton of money except for the kids actually playing.

Duke basketball players and Clemson football players actually take a pay cut when they decide to go pro 

1 hour ago, Cookie Lyon said:

The republican law makers are more upset about college ball being cancelled than the virus wreaking havoc on our society. Trump And his buddies have handled this about as poorly as possible (big surprise) and the fact that he is clamoring for college FB to proceed is about as big of a red flag as you could imagine considering he has been dead wrong on most of this virus stuff. 

and before one of you snowflakes start whining about “SticKKK 2 SpORtz” and “nO pOLiTicz” ...id like to point out that the president and VP have been talking about and tweeting about sports all day and Trump has even called in to sports talk radio shows. You can’t have it both ways. Enjoy your fall this year, should have plenty of time to knock out some home projects. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It really makes no sense.

Classes in session, but no football.

This virus spreads mainly indoors. Being outside on the football field is so much safer.

Classes are remote for many universities, no? If I was lucky enough to get into a place like Harvard or Princeton and they are going to offer online only - I would be enrolling somewhere else for the time being. 

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It really makes no sense.

Classes in session, but no football.

This virus spreads mainly indoors. Being outside on the football field is so much safer.

Where are classes being held traditionally with students on campus and football has been cancelled? Also the majority of tge contact between players are the guys on same team weight training, rehabbing, meetings, and locker rooms. You've created a simplistic straw man situation. 

The scheduling and testing logistics at some point become more trouble then they are worth?

15 minutes ago, bull123 said:

so big ten is out...i knew pac 12 would cower, but didnt figure on this...guess we should have with school leaders from mich, illinois, minn

Would you rather trust doctors and medical advice from the west coast or from the South? No brainer here 

3 minutes ago, bull123 said:

it is a no brainer....i trust ZERO coming from the left coast

And that’s why you are what you are and in the position you are in. If you compare the south vs the west coast I mean it really isn’t even a fair competition and laughable at best.

West Coast universities are working on innovation and helping people while the universities in the south are Working on taking racist statues down. 

Archived