• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Its sad that it would come to this, but I think politics will come into play.  The SEC's core states are very red, which I think makes them less likely to call it off.  But if they do have a season, I hope they give the players the opportunity to opt out with no penalty.  

That and most of their fans probably didn't graduate HS while most of their alumni are likely dumber than their aforementioned fans.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As a UNC fan, I still have to admit that Clemson is the only thing that comes close to rivaling SEC football in the ACC. Those people are absolute fanatics. But hey, if you live in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. what else do you have to live for other than college football? If it's cancelled look for suicide rates to skyrocket in those areas and I'm only partially joking.

FSU is down right now big time. Hurting the prestige of the conference because FSU is a big time program, a blue blood if you will. VTech is average and not done much since Beamer retired and obviously Miami isn’t a household name right now. UNC trending up. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

As a UNC fan I had no problem at all with the tourney being cancelled last season.

But I think cancelling the upcoming basketball season upfront would have a much different feel than cancelling the end of season tournament.    

Joe Burrow speaking some heartbreaking truth.  He probably  would be looking for a job as an insurance salesman right now if this had happened last season.  

Also, think of the HS level.  How many kids earn scholarships because of their play du;ring a senior season?  Not talking about the Trevor Lawerence caliber HS kid who was eyeballed since middle school.  The kid who just earns a scholarship to play at a small school. 

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They are for the expensive areas of BOA, club section.   Too expensive to sit in those areas for a Panthers game, but for a $150 a piece (for three), I decided to make it a great experience for my son and my nephew.  

Good deal.  That sucks.  would have earned some cool dad/uncle points making that memory. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

But I think cancelling the upcoming basketball season upfront would have a much different feel than cancelling the end of season tournament.    

Yes it will. Lots of UNC fans are ready for a revenge tour and Carolina is loaded this season. Best HS PG coming into college this year headlining arguably the top recruiting class in all of college hoops, along side dark horse ACC POY garrison brooks and an experienced bench at three year starter at SF. So yeah losing hoops will hurt but at least there is more time and could start play in Jan. 

The most interesting thing to watch if the season is cancelled is what happens with scholarships and eligibility. Do they increase the number of scholarships available and give everyone an extra year of eligibility? Do they only give seniors another year? Do they just say too bad so sad? It's gonna be a mess.

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The most interesting thing to watch if the season is cancelled is what happens with scholarships and eligibility. Do they increase the number of scholarships available and give everyone an extra year of eligibility? Do they only give seniors another year? Do they just say too bad so sad? It's gonna be a mess.

You want to see a mess. How’s the NFL draft, 2021 season and CFB 2021 season going to look if they play CFB in the Spring this year? CFB players just going to get a few weeks off before starting up again? Wear and tear and injuries galore. Preparing for the draft? Not going to happen. How many Seniors and Juniors will opt out to be ready for the NFL draft and training camps instead of risking injuries.

For all the people saying the NFL season is next, I am not saying it will or won't be I am saying the NFL and college football are very different environments.  In order to have college football you have to have students allowed on college campuses.  Not just football players but all students.  And you have to allow students to stay in dorms on campus, not just football players but all students that choose to live in dorms.  If you can't do either of those you are not going to have football players allowed on campus so you can't have football.

The NFL players need to stay in the facility and all the people in the facility need to be tested and they need to have the building sanitized as much as possible.  The players need to stay in a place that can be controlled as much as possible and not be stupid like going to a strip club for wings one night.  Each team can do those things.  It's a much easier task than what college football has.  But it only takes 1 team (Marlins) to screw it up for everyone by not doing the things they are suppose to and the season could be over for everyone.

College athletes have the entire college campus to worry about, profession teams only have to worry about their facilities and their transportation. 

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You want to see a mess. How’s the NFL draft, 2021 season and CFB 2021 season going to look if they play CFB in the Spring this year? CFB players just going to get a few weeks off before starting up again? Wear and tear and injuries galore. Preparing for the draft? Not going to happen. How many Seniors and Juniors will opt out to be ready for the NFL draft and training camps instead of risking injuries.

Guys who are already pretty much locks to go in the first couple of rounds should sit it out in that scenario.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It’s gonna be a mess that’s for sure. I’m sure whatever the wrong way to handle it that’s they way the ncaa will choose 

Archived