• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Think it was projected that Bama not having a season would be a 2 billion economic impact.   So it also extends well beyond  the schools themselves. 

Sure, that is one of the things that doesn’t get as much attention but is also very important. Like when Lebron left Cleveland the first time - it effected the businesses there especially close to the arena. College towns are rocking’ come college FB season and no games will certainly impact their local economies. 

I spent $450 bucks back in feb of last year for the Wake Notre Dame game at BOA stadium.  I hope they make a decision soon.  And I hope its to cancel.  Not so that I get my money back, that is a secondary concern.  But I think they need to just end all the ambiguity and have a final decision, and cancelling would definitely do that.  

Watching people lose their minds on social media about football is hilarious to watch. I bet those same people crying now, weren't social distancing and refused to wear masks because they all thought the Coronavirus was one big hoax. Should've listened to the experts instead of the orange idiot that currently occupies the White House.

I SAID WHAT I SAID

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Official: B10 has cancelled the fall football season. I’m sure the rest of the power 5 are not far behind. Need to give players ample notice to turn professional. 

I think the ACC will cancel as well.  I am not so sure about the Big 12 and SEC.  If they do, the SEC will probably be the last one to call it off.  

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think the ACC will cancel as well.  I am not so sure about the Big 12 and SEC.  If they do, the SEC will probably be the last one to call it off.  

Dan Patrick claims SEC is trying to get folks to join them to play.  ACC and Big 12 are on the fence. 

Big 10 and PAC 12 will announce cancellation tomorrow. 

SEC and ACC probably will wait the longest to cancel simply because IMO they are the most impactful overall to their communities.  Not that others aren't but football in the south is just different. 

12 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Official: B10 has cancelled the fall football season. I’m sure the rest of the power 5 are not far behind. Need to give players ample notice to turn professional. 

Would anyone be shocked if the SEC tried to have their conference season anyway? I mean, it's the SEC. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dan Patrick claims SEC is trying to get folks to join them to play.  ACC and Big 12 are on the fence. 

SEC and ACC probably will wait the longest to cancel simply because IMO they are the most impactful overall to their communities.  Not that others aren't but football in the south is just different. 

As a UNC fan, I still have to admit that Clemson is the only thing that comes close to rivaling SEC football in the ACC. Those people are absolute fanatics. But hey, if you live in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. what else do you have to live for other than college football? If it's cancelled look for suicide rates to skyrocket in those areas and I'm only partially joking.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Its sad that it would come to this, but I think politics will come into play.  The SEC's core states are very red, which I think makes them less likely to call it off.  But if they do have a season, I hope they give the players the opportunity to opt out with no penalty.  

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

As a UNC fan, I still have to admit that Clemson is the only thing that comes close to rivaling SEC football in the ACC. Those people are absolute fanatics. But hey, if you live in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. what else do you have to live for other than college football? If it's cancelled look for suicide rates to skyrocket in those areas and I'm only partially joking.

yeah, ACC fans outside of Clemson can handle it.  Basketball would be the gut punch for ACC fandom.   Clemson obviously could handle that though lol. 

38 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I spent $450 bucks back in feb of last year for the Wake Notre Dame game at BOA stadium.  I hope they make a decision soon.  And I hope its to cancel.  Not so that I get my money back, that is a secondary concern.  But I think they need to just end all the ambiguity and have a final decision, and cancelling would definitely do that.  

Holy Crap. $450 for wake tickets? 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, ACC fans outside of Clemson can handle it.  Basketball would be the gut punch for ACC fandom.   Clemson obviously could handle that though lol. 

As a UNC fan I had no problem at all with the tourney being cancelled last season.

21 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Watching people lose their minds on social media about football is hilarious to watch. I bet those same people crying now, weren't social distancing and refused to wear masks because they all thought the Coronavirus was one big hoax. Should've listened to the experts instead of the orange idiot that currently occupies the White House.

I SAID WHAT I SAID

It will be interesting to see if he goes on some unhinged twitter rant about college FB being cancelled. 

Archived