• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

I'm hoping that they can pull it off, not only for the sake of the game, but for us as a culture/country be able to do something successfully. We need some wins as a country. Though I'd rather see it be called off then fail miserably and become a giant mess.

there are too many unknown ramifications, plus the known ones, to play college ball for no money.   as a 20 year old i would have done it, but now being older i understand what lifelong means and that i'm not immortal.   

4 hours ago, 4Corners said:

There really needs to be a complete overhaul of the governing body NCAA. Not that anyone with half a brain already realizes that. Burn it down. This really shows how incompetent the NCAA and Mark Emmert are. Embarrassing. 

Its not up to the NCAA, and the conferences are never going to accept an NCAA that has that much authority.   They can and did shut down the NCAA championships, but shutting down the season is up to the conferences.

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Its not up to the NCAA, and the conferences are never going to accept an NCAA that has that much authority.   They can and did shut down the NCAA championships, but shutting down the season is up to the conferences.

If they don’t accept that the NCAA has that much authority then why don’t they tell them go to hell when schools like Okie State and GA Tech (and soon to be Kansas, NCST, Arizona, LSU) are popped for violations and hit with scholly reductions and post season bans? NCAA basically lived in Chapel Hill for a decade, investigated UNC several times before quivering away like a bully who finds out they aren’t a bully anymore after the UNC legal team punched them in the face  

my point is that the NCAA needs to be a leader and not deferring to the conferences. Either everyone plays or no one plays. Uniform set of rules and regulations by a governing body. Why exactly do we need an NCAA if the conferences can Regulate themselves? 

2 hours ago, raz said:

there are too many unknown ramifications, plus the known ones, to play college ball for no money.   as a 20 year old i would have done it, but now being older i understand what lifelong means and that i'm not immortal.   

This is a good post and I agree with it. 

Archived