• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

There won't be a draft. Yes, Justin Fields has been great. But imagine drafting a guy who will not have played since December and won't play this season. How do you keep these kids' minds sharp? How do you keep them in shape? These are crazy times, man.

Oh, there will definitely be a draft with or without a college season or NFL season.

I am pretty much under the assumption that college football is done but at least there is a chance college hoops could proceed with a bubble. The NCAA needs to be working on a plan for basketball right freaking now and I’m sure they are just wasting time. 

ncaa doc just said this feels like the titanic and we're trying to figure out when the band is supposed to play.   they finally made a statement. probably no college ball at all.  at least its obvious there shouldn't be.   

11 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Why does everyone think there's going to be a draft? Maybe kids get signed via FA, etc. but these kids have not played since January. Some will have not played well over a year come draft time. Many, many kids will have zero way to show their worth. It won't be fair to them.

If only the CBA covered something like this, oh wait...

Article 6. Section 2. D. No player shall be eligible to be employed by an NFL Club until he has been eligible for selection in an NFL Draft.

You really think that the NFL is just going to let guys like Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, etc. hit the NFL as free agents? That's absurd.

1 minute ago, raz said:

ncaa doc just said this feels like the titanic and we're trying to figure out when the band is supposed to play.   they finally made a statement. probably no college ball at all.  at least its obvious there shouldn't be.   

Yeap,

Successfully isolating an entire team of college football players and support staff from COVID for an entire season might not be impossible, but it would be highly improbable and impractical.

Now do it for 130 teams.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeap,

Successfully isolating an entire team of college football players and support staff from COVID for an entire season might not be impossible, but it would be highly improbable and impractical.

Now do it for 130 teams.

you can't. and you couldn't have kept me from females with threats of wrapping me in barbed wire at that age.

Archived