• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Jeremy Igo

I still believe everyone is and has been doing the same thing.  Easier to fake going back to football instead of canceling from the jump. 

Even the NFL doesn't actually make sense.  I mean people discuss all the protocols except for the one that matters most.  What do you do when your starting C test positive late in the week.   How many people does that put on the shelf and for how long.  Just because you have access to rapid testing doesn't mean you can test people right then and put them back on the field. 

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

I still believe everyone is and has been doing the same thing.  Easier to fake going back to football instead of canceling from the jump. 

Even the NFL doesn't actually make sense.  I mean people discuss all the protocols except for the one that matters most.  What do you do when your starting C test positive late in the week.   How many people does that put on the shelf and for how long.  Just because you have access to rapid testing doesn't mean you can test people right then and put them back on the field. 

It's just a desperate attempt to get some money flowing in for as long as they can keep it going. I would be absolutely shocked if the season is played to completion. They just want to be able to collect on this TV contracts for as many weeks as they possibly can. I just want enough games to be played for this year's season to be factored into next year's draft position.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's just a desperate attempt to get some money flowing in for as long as they can keep it going. I would be absolutely shocked if the season is played to completion. They just want to be able to collect on this TV contracts for as many weeks as they possibly can. I just want enough games to be played for this year's season to be factored into next year's draft position.

yeah, a variation of a NBA lottery would suck for the next draft.  Patriots would end up w/ the #1 pick....I mean you just know that would happen. 

NCAA had ample time to create plans and viable options to avoid this. Big surprise, the NCAA wasn’t up to the task. I guess they bought into the trump logic that the virus would burn itself out with hot weather (LOL!) or just magically disappear (even bigger LOL). We are probably going to see some athletic departments completely disband in some schools. Bubba Cunningham, AD for UNC, said if college FB is cancelled this year Carolina would lose around $51 million dollars. Yowza. The NCAA is about as incompetent of a sports organization as there is. The people in charge are too rich for their own good. They probably want to cancel the season NOT because of Covid but because there are serious rumblings of the student athletes organizing and creating a sort of players union which absolutely strikes fear in the NCAA. 

NFL season is probably next. 

Archived