• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will it take for you to be impressed by Matt Rhule this season?

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I can't recall our depth being this bad in a long time. Take OL for instance, it appears like we took a step back in the middle(TBD) and our depth is even worse than last season. And that was with a nightmare of an OL. 

Look at our DL. Have you ever seen us have a second unit that looks so obviously bad?

That is really where I see our undoing. I think our starters could be okay, but our depth is so fuging bad. IMO, it will be a huge disadvantage all year long.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt you on this one. I'm just saying every team has bench deficiencies and because of the potential Covid impacts, some groups that were counting on depth won't have it. We, well, we weren't counting on any of that were we going into this season. Rebuilds and all of that.

Before the season ends, we could see levels of play in some games that haven't been on display since the replacement players during the strike back in the 1980s.

And when it gets that far down into the mud, well, there's a certain parity that emerges. And those are the kinds of players Rhule has often been handed to make a team with. And somehow, the dude has always made it work.

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Oh yeah, I don't doubt you on this one. I'm just saying every team has bench deficiencies and because of the potential Covid impacts, some groups that were counting on depth won't have it. We, well, we weren't counting on any of that were we going into this season. Rebuilds and all of that.

Before the season ends, we could see levels of play in some games that haven't been on display since the replacement players during the strike back in the 1980s.

And when it gets that far down into the mud, well, there's a certain parity that emerges. And those are the kinds of players Rhule has often been handed to make a team with. And somehow, the dude has always made it work.

If he can make something out of this squad, I will come around on the whole situation. You couldn't possibly be more set up for failure than what we are now.

13 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If he can make something out of this squad, I will come around on the whole situation. You couldn't possibly be more set up for failure than what we are now.

We're finding ourselves there again, that's true. Somehow, though, after regime changes around here we seem to quickly swing back and make it pretty big. 2003 and 2015 come to mind. Maybe 2021 will see us compete on the big stage.

Archived