• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will it take for you to be impressed by Matt Rhule this season?

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Lol

Good luck with that negative bullshit. 

Reality won't reflect that. 

You literally said nothing could make you less impressed. So he could beat a hooker to death on the 50 yard line at the half and you'd still be impressed?

Well.....I am not sure I would call that "positivity" maybe blind allegiance.

Good luck with that.

3 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

So should the question really ask

What gives you hope in this team/current regime even though they lose football games?

Well, nothing. losing should NEVER be acceptable, sure we are in a first year in a "rebuild" but there have been plenty of new coaches that have had winning records. Winning will be all that will ever matter. That's it. Those okay with losing are why this franchise will always be terrible. That was the mentality Cam was trying to change for 9 years here. Unfortunately he couldn't do it alone.

Winning is all that matters. Don't care how it's done, should not take 3+ years for a competent/good HC to have a winning record ESPECIALLY when he has FULL control like Rhule does. I will not buy-in until he proves he can win some games.

Go Pats!!!

Well you can't blame Rhule for the complete dismantling of the franchise. That largely happened without his input. You have to give him the chance to turn all this poo into sugar. 

And you completely ruin your credibility by being a Pats fan.

If you left the team with a previous player, that means you were never a Panthers fan at all.

6 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Sheeesh with this season? If you really want to know how much a team is buying into a coach and the need to put the team first? Count how many players get pulled for Covid during the season.

If your coach is willy nilly about taking precautions then you've got an unwise, couldn't care less about this season, letting the players run the joint kind of guy. If you can make it through the season and manage to field a full squad throughout, then you've got a team that has bought into winning now, even if it means making sacrifices in their private lives. 

And the team that loses the fewest starters to Covid throughout the season will probably be the one that takes the Lombardi, if things get that far. This season as the biggest injury bug looking at it that we've ever seen in history. Bench depth and discipline may be the biggest factors in the game.

Our depth is insanely bad. If we were 100% healthy throughout the year, we would still struggle when some of our rotational players saw action.

It is really pretty crazy how lacking in talent the depth chart is.

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Our depth is insanely bad. If we were 100% healthy throughout the year, we would still struggle when some of our rotational players saw action.

It is really pretty crazy how lacking in talent the depth chart is.

Honestly, the lack of depth is a thing almost every team in the league has a problem with. We don't see it in others because we don't watch them nearly as closely as we do the Panthers. 

And this season, a lot of teams are going to lose folks to Covid because they have knuckleheads who will host boat parties or sneak out to the strip clubs. Will our team have those guys? Don't know, but it will tell a lot about our coaching.

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, the lack of depth is a thing almost every team in the league has a problem with. We don't see it in others because we don't watch them nearly as closely as we do the Panthers. 

And this season, a lot of teams are going to lose folks to Covid because they have knuckleheads who will host boat parties or sneak out to the strip clubs. Will our team have those guys? Don't know, but it will tell a lot about our coaching.

I can't recall our depth being this bad in a long time. Take OL for instance, it appears like we took a step back in the middle(TBD) and our depth is even worse than last season. And that was with a nightmare of an OL. 

Look at our DL. Have you ever seen us have a second unit that looks so obviously bad?

That is really where I see our undoing. I think our starters could be okay, but our depth is so fuging bad. IMO, it will be a huge disadvantage all year long.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I can't recall our depth being this bad in a long time. Take OL for instance, it appears like we took a step back in the middle(TBD) and our depth is even worse than last season. And that was with a nightmare of an OL. 

Look at our DL. Have you ever seen us have a second unit that looks so obviously bad?

That is really where I see our undoing. I think our starters could be okay, but our depth is so fuging bad. IMO, it will be a huge disadvantage all year long.

Our depth is nonexistent at OL. Hell, on the interior our starters would BE the depth on most teams.

As most here have said, a particular amount of wins doesn't matter in terms of being impressed. I expect alot of mistakes from a young and inexperienced squad. In game adjustments, a sense of urgency, and seeing improved cohesion and execution over the course of the season will do it for me. I can see us finishing anywhere between 1-15 and 9-7 this season (if there is a season).

I just want to see a team that is unafraid to compete and take chances along with players who are clearly better getting the majority of the time on the field - regardless of contract or connections to staff.

I'd also like to see some unpredictability, some dynamic energy. I hope to see the "look" of a team that is obviously rising. We know it when we see it, and if we've got that look, despite the record, I'll be thrilled.

First, the negatives. No OTAs. Loss of extra practice for new coaches. Reduced training camp. No preseason games. A team that is built to resemble a college team with a few seniors sprinkled in. All at the top of coaching ladder except one are new-sprout green. Go Blackburn! 

The only thing we have on our side is the element of surprise and if Rhule can keep that up all season with good player morale, I will be impressed. Let the in-game games with Payton begin!

I expect us to be at the bottom of our division. Because of that, Quinn will keep his job for another year. You're welcome, Dan. We won't come close to winning until about the 5th game and the rookies' endurance will start breaking down about the 12th game. What I do want mostly is a fight to protect our home field. After all, isn't that what college teams do?

Players that know the system and fly to the ball.  Improvement. 

Many are down on TB because you miss Cam.  However, with the weapons we have, we need someone who can put the ball on the money when it is supposed to be there.  Cam was a great athlete, but TB has had to prepare and use his mind more---where Cam always knew he could use his athleticism to bail him out.

If you understand football from the OL perspective, they were bad at times, but Cam often missed the WR when he was open--throwing late.  His accuracy was not great because his feet were out of position (Brain telling him to run)

All that to say, we may be pleasantly surprised with TB and the offense.

I really want to see what they do with the defense.

Archived