• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What will it take for you to be impressed by Matt Rhule this season?

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Nothing???? Sheesh.

First year head coach, dealing with Covid, no preseason, not being able to work with his players well enough to accurately decide the full roster. Who knows how long the season will even go. 

With all that said, call me crazy, but I believe he'll have this team ready to play on Sundays. 

2 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

First year head coach, dealing with Covid, no preseason, not being able to work with his players well enough to accurately decide the full roster. Who knows how long the season will even go. 

With all that said, call me crazy, but I believe he'll have this team ready to play on Sundays. 

I would just personally never make such a definitive statement. I can think of plenty of ways that he could be less than impressive after year one.

How about the team looking completely dysfunctional through a 16 game schedule? How about the team looking ill prepared through a 16 game schedule? How about 16 straight games of getting the doors absolutely blown off us and not even looking competitive?

Those are just a few random examples of things that would really not make me impressed, even with our worst roster in the history of the franchise. Nothing??? I just can't agree with that. He seems like a very nice guy, I like his demeanor, and I like the way he is not the classic old school mentality HC. I am also extremely skeptical of his complete lack of NFL experience.

No matter if Panthers end up 0-16 or 16-0, I would like to see a lot more fire/effort during games than I saw in the back half of last season IMO. Carolina has a long history of players, who may not have been superstars, with a lot of football fight in their guts/soul starting with Mills, Smith, Davis, Newton & others. Right now I don't see anyone on the roster who has stepped up in the past IMO. Hope I'm wrong, but Rhule needs to pinpoint & nurture those capable.

24 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I would just personally never make such a definitive statement. I can think of plenty of ways that he could be less than impressive after year one.

How about the team looking completely dysfunctional through a 16 game schedule? How about the team looking ill prepared through a 16 game schedule? How about 16 straight games of getting the doors absolutely blown off us and not even looking competitive?

Those are just a few random examples of things that would really not make me impressed, even with our worst roster in the history of the franchise. Nothing??? I just can't agree with that. He seems like a very nice guy, I like his demeanor, and I like the way he is not the classic old school mentality HC. I am also extremely skeptical of his complete lack of NFL experience.

Lol

Good luck with that negative bullshit. 

Reality won't reflect that. 

Sheeesh with this season? If you really want to know how much a team is buying into a coach and the need to put the team first? Count how many players get pulled for Covid during the season.

If your coach is willy nilly about taking precautions then you've got an unwise, couldn't care less about this season, letting the players run the joint kind of guy. If you can make it through the season and manage to field a full squad throughout, then you've got a team that has bought into winning now, even if it means making sacrifices in their private lives. 

And the team that loses the fewest starters to Covid throughout the season will probably be the one that takes the Lombardi, if things get that far. This season as the biggest injury bug looking at it that we've ever seen in history. Bench depth and discipline may be the biggest factors in the game.

Until this team removes Hurney from the building, Rhule is going to have an uphill battle, and can't really be accurately judged.

The case of fan apathy that I'm dealing with is pretty damn bad.

This team has been a dumb team for a VERY long time, just have to hope that Rhule isn't just another dumb move.

So should the question really ask

What gives you hope in this team/current regime even though they lose football games?

Well, nothing. losing should NEVER be acceptable, sure we are in a first year in a "rebuild" but there have been plenty of new coaches that have had winning records. Winning will be all that will ever matter. That's it. Those okay with losing are why this franchise will always be terrible. That was the mentality Cam was trying to change for 9 years here. Unfortunately he couldn't do it alone.

Winning is all that matters. Don't care how it's done, should not take 3+ years for a competent/good HC to have a winning record ESPECIALLY when he has FULL control like Rhule does. I will not buy-in until he proves he can win some games.

Go Pats!!!

Archived