• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B saying all the right things

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, Tbe said:

My biggest memory of Teddy is watching him get destroyed by Seattle years ago. I think it was in the playoffs. 

Anyway, the guy looked completely lost and without the physical tools to compete.

Id love for him to be amazing, but I just don’t see it. 

My hopes are up for a top 5 pick this year.

That game was like -10 degrees one of the coldest games in NFL history. Neither team had any offense at all for most the game. Teddy actually led the team into game winning field goal range with very little time left and their kicker missed a 27 yarder... Hard to blame Teddy for them losing that game at all. He did his job in the clutch.

17 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Panthers did Cam dirty. They will be haunted by this decision for a long, long time. 

I don't know this is true. First of all Cam knew what was going down or at least should have. Everyone else did. Secondly Cam was not going to be here a long time. He won't be playing until he is 40. His style of play doesn't lend to a long career. We have moved on from other players and will do the same with Cam. No one is irreplaceable. He will be missed for sure but like always we will move on or at least most of us will.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

The ghost of Cam is going to haunt this forum for a decade.

That depends on Cam. If he spends 6-10 more years as a successful starter in the league, absolutely. If he clearly has physically declined and is relegated to back up or oft injured journeyman status, then the bulk(myself included) will begrudgingly come around to what the team appears to have concluded. There will always be a hold out contingent. Like that Greg Hardy fan boy.

When 100% healthy, and playing to the peak of his game, Cam would be a better QB.

The problem with Cam is you never knew if he was going to be a 1 or a 10. More often than not he would play above a 5, but it was hard to say from week to week if he was going to be a 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10.

With Teddy you're going to get a lot more consistency, but compared to Cam the question is what that number will be.

13 hours ago, AggieLean said:

lol at adding the caveat “and playing to his peak”

Even when he wasn’t at his peak, Cam has always been better than Teddy. His numbers have always been better.

For the most part, maybe, but Teddy's career and starter's role has been very much disjointed. Moreover, Teddy has had a markedly better completion percentage, TD percentage and interception percentage (both of which are based upon passes thrown of course). 

They're different style of players so of course Cam is going to lead the way in yards per completion, leg stats in general, and has way more offensive production in general, but that's to be expected considering their career paths.

------

I was reading a Yahoo Fantasy article by Evan Silva on stacking offenses, and a stat about Teddy stuck out:

"Teddy was the NFL’s 13th-quickest passer among 37 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus’ Time to Throw metric, and his passer rating jumped from 87.6 to 108.4 whenever Bridgewater released the ball in 2.5 seconds or less."

Now I'm thinking that's probably a great thing for our offense, and will be a natural fit for a Joe Brady-led attack, and skill players who have some juice and the ability to eat up some yards or even take it to the house on any given play.

Archived