• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B saying all the right things

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Panthers did Cam dirty. They will be haunted by this decision for a long, long time. 

No they won't. Cam hasn't been healthy in over two years and was never very accurate to begin with.  Football ain't stand back and heave anymore. Get the ball out to playmakers quick and accurate is the game which Cam cannot do.

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

My biggest memory of Teddy is watching him get destroyed by Seattle years ago. I think it was in the playoffs. 

Anyway, the guy looked completely lost and without the physical tools to compete.

Id love for him to be amazing, but I just don’t see it. 

My hopes are up for a top 5 pick this year.

I am glad we didn't judge Cam by his first few games against Seattle.  He looked pretty bad, as did the rest of the offense.  

Cam was amazing. But his best trait was his ability to get first downs and goal line with his legs. He did sail passes, to the point we literally had to draft super tall receivers just because he overthrew people. That doesn't mean that he wasn't great, best goal line QB ever. Brought the freakin Carolina Panthers to the Super Bowl. I'll never be convinced that Rog didn't tell the refs to make sure Peyton went out a winner, because he didn't want Cam as the face of the NFL on SB50.

I just think with Brady and Rhule, they wanted to prioritize someone who was familiar with the system, had more touch on their passes, and could run their offense, like a Brees, rather than a QB with the skills that Cam brought. I wish Cam well in NE, though this year might be rough with like half the Patriots opting out of the season. But really, it will be rough for both of us.

I could see teddy B being essentially a lesser version of Alex Smith. Which isn’t a bad thing. Our weapons haven’t been highlighted (outside of the obvious two). I’d love to see what he does with Curtis and Ian Thomas. 

I do, however, see how well end up picking in the top five. Losing kuechly, bradberry, Addison, both starting DTs (albeit they weren’t spectacular) and drafting only defensive players, in a year like this... is a recipe for disaster. Factor in the qbs that we’re gonna be seeing, the scores will be plentiful. Teddy won’t be good enough to keep up with what the defense allows. 

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

I could see teddy B being essentially a lesser version of Alex Smith. Which isn’t a bad thing. Our weapons haven’t been highlighted (outside of the obvious two). I’d love to see what he does with Curtis and Ian Thomas. 

I do, however, see how well end up picking in the top five. Losing kuechly, bradberry, Addison, both starting DTs (albeit they weren’t spectacular) and drafting only defensive players, in a year like this... is a recipe for disaster. Factor in the qbs that we’re gonna be seeing, the scores will be plentiful. Teddy won’t be good enough to keep up with what the defense allows. 

I'd say Smith is his ceiling. As you said, not a bad thing. He is capable of being a high end game manager. He has largely just been an above average game manager.

57 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'd say Smith is his ceiling. As you said, not a bad thing. He is capable of being a high end game manager. He has largely just been an above average game manager.

High end game managers are Drew Brees and Tom Brady.  If he is ever that good, you can't let him go. The most frustrating part of both of those guys are their ability to find wide open guys fast, neither of them really do anything spectacular skill wise.

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

High end game managers are Drew Brees and Tom Brady.  If he is ever that good, you can't let him go. The most frustrating part of both of those guys are their ability to find wide open guys fast, neither of them really do anything spectacular skill wise.

I would disagree with calling Brees and Brady game managers. They are elite QB's. They also benefited from systems that played into their skill sets perfectly.

They aren't cannon armed or elite athletes but they have elite accuracy(backed by statistics) and elite intangibles. 

We'll agree to disagree on that definition.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I would disagree with calling Brees and Brady game managers. They are elite QB's. They also benefited from systems that played into their skill sets perfectly.

They aren't cannon armed or elite athletes but they have elite accuracy(backed by statistics) and elite intangibles. 

We'll agree to disagree on that definition.

I believe they are Game Managers, because they aren't physically gifted QBs.  Which is why neither of them were drafted to be starters.  They make few mistakes and get the ball to open recievers fast.  There is nothing wrong with being a game manager, and elite ones can win championships.

56 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I believe they are Game Managers, because they aren't physically gifted QBs.  Which is why neither of them were drafted to be starters.  They make few mistakes and get the ball to open recievers fast.  There is nothing wrong with being a game manager, and elite ones can win championships.

I think we just disagree about what a game manager is and that is fine. The definition isn't exactly firmly agreed upon. People use it in various ways and we are using in different ways.

12 hours ago, Tbe said:

My biggest memory of Teddy is watching him get destroyed by Seattle years ago. I think it was in the playoffs. 

Anyway, the guy looked completely lost and without the physical tools to compete.

Id love for him to be amazing, but I just don’t see it. 

My hopes are up for a top 5 pick this year.

You mean the playoff game in 2015 when it was like 0 deg F and Teddy drove the Vikings down to like the 10 yard line with like 10 seconds left in the game and the kicker missed a 20 something yard field goal.   He had 146 yards passing and Wilson had 142 because it was 0 degrees.  All that and teddy still found a way for them to win the game and the kicker blew it.

By bad it wasn't 0 degrees the game log says it was -6 degrees.  So yeah that is the only game you should judge any quarterback by.

Archived