• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's ON!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

We signed a CBA with NO FORCE MAJEURE LANGUAGE!!! How is this possible?? Its literally the only thing we did right on the CBA! Who’s negotiating for us??? @NFLPA acting like an Appointed Court Lawyer, Looking like y’all still work for them!! 6PM Yall better be ready to explain! https://t.co/CF3Be5pNDE

— Tre Boston (@TreBos10) July 24, 2020

25 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

We signed a CBA with NO FORCE MAJEURE LANGUAGE!!! How is this possible?? Its literally the only thing we did right on the CBA! Who’s negotiating for us??? @NFLPA acting like an Appointed Court Lawyer, Looking like y’all still work for them!! 6PM Yall better be ready to explain! https://t.co/CF3Be5pNDE

— Tre Boston (@TreBos10) July 24, 2020

Serious question - can someone express to me the thought that you should be compensated for work you don’t perform? Maybe if we were talking about normal people here but what reasoning is there to pay a football player for not playing football?

The sensible thing here appears to be what they are doing, if you opt out you don’t lose a year of your contract and that contractual amount rolls over to next year. 

Players seem to always find a way to make me side with billionaire owners. I was hating on elite before it was cool, you fascist...  I wished all the complaining was not posted to social media, keeping anything private now is rare.   

13 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Serious question - can someone express to me the thought that you should be compensated for work you don’t perform? Maybe if we were talking about normal people here but what reasoning is there to pay a football player for not playing football?

The sensible thing here appears to be what they are doing, if you opt out you don’t lose a year of your contract and that contractual amount rolls over to next year. 

Good question. I think force majuere provisions often works against the worker or insured. So if my house gets destroyed in a riot my homeowners policy might deny it. The owners could have said if games get cancelled due to Covid 19 the CBA is void or something. Not sure what Tre was hoping for.

1 hour ago, Adb6368 said:

Paying farmers to not grow things:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/why-does-the-govt-pay-farmers

Archived