• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte MLS to unveil team name and Crest tomorrow

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember, people actually got paid and likely paid really well to come up with that boring name and most basic of logos. Good for them I guess, but I wouldn't necessarily want my name shared for that work.

Tepper would have had final approval at every step of the way. The marketing firm could have had some other great logos. Who knows.

15 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, I got no experience in that field....and basically could of come up w/ that exact name and logo.  I mean that is pretty bare bones.  

I mean I wouldn't call it bad.  But is is about as boring and predictable as you could get.    Would have liked a different color scheme to be honest at least.  Carolina has enough folks in the blue family.  Could of at least ventured into a gold pairing w/ a color given the crown angle. 

BoA’s black/blue palette forced their hand.

I am glad that MLS teams are no longer adopting stupid nicknames like Galaxy and Crew.  Less is more, keeping it simple and classy.  I would have been OK with Charlotte Crown FC but this is works for me.  

Charlotte FC is perfectly in keeping with the soccer naming standard. Liverpool FC, Norwich FC, Chelsea, Burnley, Preston Northend... that's how euro-football teams are named. when they have 'mascot' names it's generally something historical like Hotspur

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Soccer teams don't traditionally have names, which is why most MLS teams don't. They can have a "nickname" but it's never part of the title.

Yep, most of the Premier League teams don't  have official nicknames in their club name.  Most have nicknames that have organically come about and have become part of the soccer culture.  It will be interesting to see what it becomes for Charlotte FC.  

Premier League Team Nicknames

Team Nickname
AFC Bournemouth The Cherries
Arsenal The Gunners
Aston Villa The Villans, The Villa, Villa
Brighton & Hove Albion The Seagulls, The Albion
Burnley FC The Clarets
Chelsea The Blues, The Pensioners
Crystal Palace The Eagles, The Glaziers
Everton The Blues, The Toffees, The People's Club
Leicester City The Foxes
Liverpool The Reds