• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte MLS to unveil team name and Crest tomorrow

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

OK, a soccer team that plays in the MLS soccer league and calls itself a football club is pure ignorance. That would be like the Hornets calling themselves the Charlotte New York Mets Baseball Club.

soccer vs football is the stupidest thing in the entire world that people get emotional about

soccer is a british slang shortening of "association football." they're the same thing.

american football and soccer football are both called football because they are played on foot, as opposed to on horseback.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

OK, a soccer team that plays in the MLS soccer league and calls itself a football club is pure ignorance. That would be like the Hornets calling themselves the Charlotte New York Mets Baseball Club.

Tell us more about your mullet, pick-up truck, and jorts!

54 minutes ago, rodeo said:

soccer vs football is the stupidest thing in the entire world that people get emotional about

soccer is a british slang shortening of "association football." they're the same thing.

american football and soccer football are both called football because they are played on foot, as opposed to on horseback.

This. "Soccer" isn't even a US word. It's British. The Panthers should be playing something called Pigskin or Gridiron.

13 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Dude probably will bed more women than Gene Simmons or Wilt Chamberlin did.

DecimalMindlessIndochinesetiger-size_res

:tongue:

Really excited for the new team identity. Soccer is my favorite sport and I've been dreaming of us having an MLS team for so long. Stinks that we've still got to wait a while for on-field action, but it's not like MLS is the main league I follow anyway. But I will be fully behind our team once they step on the pitch.

Archived