• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign rookie Troy Pride

Jeremy Igo

Panthers sign rookie defensive back Troy Pride.

Pride was a track star in high school and posted a 4.4 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine earlier this year. While at Notre Dame, Pride appeared in 37 games and left school with 121 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, four interceptions, two fumble recoveries and a forced fumble.

The Panthers drafted another cornerback in the seventh round and signed Eli Apple as a veteran free agent after Apple’s agreement with the Raiders fell through. The newcomers will join Donte Jackson at corner in Carolina this season.

Pride Junior before Chinn and YGM?   As training camp approaches, I expect more signings, but lets get the higher picks inked that's actually going to play outside of STs.  Signing picks 5-7 should be about as standard as they get.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wasn't super excited about this pick, but he has some intriguing traits. 

Eh, he and YGM was a swap in my draft wish list.  I wanted a CB in the second round and a DE early day 3.  We addressed the need at both spots, so I was happy overall.

5 minutes ago, bababoey said:

According to sportrac, we still have 2 spots on the roster left.  We have 88 and are allowed 90.  Anyone know if we are looking to sign anyone else?

Considering the NFL isn't having a preseason, filling out those last two camp spots is pointless.  Only in the case of a guy or two that has a legit shot at making the final roster.  Otherwise, why even bother.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:43 AM, bababoey said:

According to sportrac, we still have 2 spots on the roster left.  We have 88 and are allowed 90.  Anyone know if we are looking to sign anyone else?

With camp now being 80 people we have to cut 8 before we even get to camp.

Archived