• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL now proposing one preseason game

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

Let’s look at the glass being half full.......

With one game, both the offense and defense will be entirely vanilla.  The first few teams will have 0 film on any defensive schemes or offensive plays.  Advantage Panthers.

A major reason for preseason games is to get a look at rookies.  With only practice and one preseason game some will get cut who will eventually be good players.  With Rhule’s recent college knowledge and the team going younger, they can afford  to churn the bottom of the roster and take chances others may not want to.  Advantage Panthers.

Installing entirely new schemes and coaching staff with no preseason. Massive disadvantage Panthers.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Imagine the Panthers playing in a totally new offense and defense after only 2 weeks of training camp.

Talk about a poo show.

Yeah, but if we lose 69-0 and they only play 1 game all year maybe we avoid the pain and still get the #1 pick by point differential.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Installing entirely new schemes and coaching staff with no preseason. Massive disadvantage Panthers.

Depending on how well the coaches install the offense, that part can be an advantage.  The defense will probably be a poo show though.

With the option for the players to opt out who really give a fug about this season? I have a feeling a lot are going to take advantage of it. The stars will have to align - all players playing, no shutdown for me to give a poo honestly.

If they end up playing it’s looking more and more likely it will be a money grab by the NFL to patch together something and ‘as long as we have sports’, quality won’t matter.

Guess we will see

I will be happy to see any Panther ball this year but I would be surprised at this point if I get to see one game. With how this year was shaping up, I just wanted to get it out of the way and not save it for next year. I just don't see how they can pull this off. 

Worst offseason ever for sooooo many reasons.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Imagine the Panthers playing in a totally new offense and defense after only 2 weeks of training camp.

Talk about a poo show.

I don’t know man, we might razzle dazzle out there with our mystery schemes.

13 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If they opt out, does their contract void for this year in terms of pay?

Their contract tolls and they get paid like $100K for the year but that’s really only an advance for 2021 anyways. There’s no legit incentive for players to opt out if they don’t have any safety concerns with playing.

I think it’ll take one case of a player getting it, transferring to a family member, or a high risk person who gets extremely ill/dead or a coach or staff member...before we see just how serious many players start taking opting out. Then the liability factors kick in because everyone that poo affects won’t be a player signing a waiver. And if I had to bet money on it happening or not happening, I’d bet on it happening.

Archived