• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL now proposing one preseason game

Jeremy Igo

They should just start the regular season whenever the first preseason game is normally played. That would make room for more bye weeks and give extra wiggle room in case they need to pause the season.

17 minutes ago, Tbe said:

They should just start the regular season whenever the first preseason game is normally played. That would make room for more bye weeks and give extra wiggle room in case they need to pause the season.

Imagine the Panthers playing in a totally new offense and defense after only 2 weeks of training camp.

Talk about a poo show.

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Imagine the Panthers playing in a totally new offense and defense after only 2 weeks of training camp.

Talk about a poo show.

I'm sure the fans will understand. 

If nothing else, it gives us the perfect excuse while tanking for Trevor or Fields. 

55 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I kind of like this idea. 

45 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Talk about a poo show.

Works for me. I don't see the season being completed and it will take us some time to gel. We'll be taking those L's proper. No preseason and an abbreviated season = big time inside track to the #1 overall pick IMO.

53 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Talk about a poo show.

What really would suck? NFL plays and college doesn’t.  We secure a top 3 pick...

then Fields and Trevor stay to play in college and don’t come out since they didn’t get to play

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

What really would suck? NFL plays and college doesn’t.  We secure a top 3 pick...

then Fields and Trevor stay to play in college and don’t come out since they didn’t get to play

Oh wee mayne. I just can't see it happening though. They'd be draft eligible since they'd be three years removed from their HS class graduating. They're not required to complete three years of college competition, just be three years removed from graduating HS.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh wee mayne. I just can't see it happening though. They'd be draft eligible since they'd be three years removed from their HS class graduating. They're not required to complete three years of college competition, just be three years removed from graduating HS.

just saying....how many first round caliber players at Clemson have stayed at Clemson in recent years under Dabo?  Several.   Clemson DL stayed to win a natty.  Etienne went back this year.   They didn’t stay to improve their stock. 

Everyone isn’t in a rush to grow up when they know they got the talent and don’t have  a family that is dependent on them getting that NFL check immediately. 

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

just saying....how many first round caliber players at Clemson have stayed at Clemson in recent years under Dabo?  Several.   Clemson DL stayed to win a natty.  Etienne went back this year.   They didn’t stay to improve their stock. 

Everyone isn’t in a rush to grow up when they know they got the talent and don’t have  a family that is dependent on them getting that NFL check immediately. 

I meant I *can't see them BOTH doing it. One or the other going back makes the other a near slam dunk as the #1 overall pick.

Let’s look at the glass being half full.......

With one game, both the offense and defense will be entirely vanilla.  The first few teams will have 0 film on any defensive schemes or offensive plays.  Advantage Panthers.

A major reason for preseason games is to get a look at rookies.  With only practice and one preseason game some will get cut who will eventually be good players.  With Rhule’s recent college knowledge and the team going younger, they can afford  to churn the bottom of the roster and take chances others may not want to.  Advantage Panthers.

Archived